Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear sleep,


I miss you.
Since you evaded my little boy for the vast majority of yesterday, I desperately hoped you might visit last night. It was nice of you to drop by, but tonight would you maybe perhaps consider staying for more than 3 minutes at a time? I saw all sorts of numbers on the clock last night that I really have no desire to see again. And really, it's not very nice to remove my alarm clock's job. What point is an alarm if you do not in fact need to be woken up since you never went to sleep in the first place?

Also, getting the 2yr old involved in all of this was just plain mean. Toddlers are not meant to see 2:30am.

Please come back. Even if it's only for a couple of hours.

Much love,
Your old friend who can now lay flat on her stomach again and would like to do so in her nice warm bed for a time measurable in hours, not just minutes.

P.S.-
I will forgive you this one time, because the vast majority of the time I spent without you last night, I spent with this little person:
And the rest of that time was spent with this one:


Photobucket

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Amen sista!! Last night was a complete NIGHTMARE in Washington too. Mr Sleep must have boycotted my area as well! good luck tonight :)

Laurie said...

If sleep comes to visit you, please send it my way too. Those are cute things to look at when not sleeping, but did you ever notice that they don't seem to look quite as cute at 2:30am? Mine don't at least. :)

Kelsey said...

wow, we should've hung out last night! Hope your night is better.
It's hard to stay mad when they are that cute :0