Thursday, October 8, 2009

Original Air Date: 10/8/98


Do you have any idea what you were doing on that date? 11 years ago today?

I do.

My husband was working. He was selling cars at the time. Great money, crappy environment, awful hours.

I was very pregnant. Sitting home alone. Watching "must see tv".

Friends to be exact.

The one where Phoebe has the triplets.

It's a funny episode. We actually watched it again last night. I laughed at a lot of it.
I'd forgotten that her dr was obsessed with Fonzi. That was funny. I'd forgotten that Chandler was a girl. That was funny too.

Eleven years ago when I watched it the first time it aired, I was officially overdue with my first child.

I didn't laugh at all. I cried my eyes out through the entire half hour. While I sat home alone. Kind of bummed to be alone with hubby working, but kind of grateful that he wasn't there watching me have an emotional melt down.

I was so bugged that Phoebe got to deliver her babies and mine was stuck inside me with no sign of coming out anytime soon.

Last night I laughed. It was much more enjoyable that the first time I watched it.

But then I teared up too. Ironically because this time when I watched it remembering how anxious I was to have my first baby, I find myself wishing there were another baby in there.
Hmm.
Talk about a turn of events.
I guess that whole motherhood journey never makes much sense, does it?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Aaron said...

That was fun.

Lets to three next time....whadaya say?

Rheanna said...

That's crazy that you remember that!

Kelsey said...

I love that episode!! Chandler's a girl, Chandler's a girl :)
"Just so you know, I'm not Fonzie."
"I want to keep one"