Monday, October 12, 2009

The next October Birthday-Malia turns 11



Does this mean I'm getting old?

My oldest child is now 11. Yikes. One more "first day of school" in the Elementary years.

One more year of Primary before she heads off to Young Women's.

One more year until she gets her ears pierced. She's really counting down to that one.

It seems like just yesterday this sweet girl who made me a mother made her entrance into this world. I couldn't have asked for a better oldest child. It is such a blessing to have such a caring and responsible child leading the pack.

It's bittersweet to see my kids growing so fast. So many fun things as they get older, but so many crazy things coming down the chute. Only five more years until she's old enough to drive and date. Do you have any idea how fast the past five years have gone?! And I swear every successive year goes faster.

It's a good thing she's a good kid-at least she's not giving me gray hair.

Yet.
Let's hope that's a LONG way off!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ruth Done said...

She is such a beautiful girl, now and then! I heard a rumor that you might be having a jean party on Saturday. If so, I think I'm interested.

Kelsey said...

oh my gosh, I totally remember that Harley costume! Sooooo cute. I love my gooer. She was the first......and the most spoiled for sure :)
I can't believe she's 11!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to pretend she was my kid when I took her places. ha ha Some 18 year old, too funny

5Pack said...

Oh Catey! I can't believe it. All those pictures of little Malia brought back so many memories of the old days. Time has gone by so quickly! I miss the days that Malia and Katie would play outside and at our condo. 11 years old huh? Who ever said that was okay?