Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sweet Tooth Sunday


THE ORIGINAL CARMEL BROWNIE!

Yes, I just yelled that. And there was an echo along with it, did you hear it?

These deserve an echo.

A little while back I did a blonde version of these babies, but here is the original.

These are rarely shared by my whole family. Because I tend to eat them. A lot of them. Ok, let's be honest, I usually eat almost all of them. I try to save one for each of the kids, and considering how many kids I have, that means I really only eat half of the pan. We've discussed my thighs before. I feel the need to add that while most moms end up with a "muffin top", I have a brownie top. Thankyouverymuch.

Back to the point-To. Die. For.

Easy as can be:

German Chocolate cake mix (don't use Pillsbury, for some reason it just doesn't work), butter, milk, water, carmels or carmel sauce (see substitution info in the blonde recipe), and don't forget the chocolate chips. Please.

If you're a nut person, you can throw some nuts in there, but I don't know why you'd want to violate the chocolatey goodness with bits of gravely tree bark. In other words, I prefer these without nuts. But that's just me. And we all know how I am, so take that as you will.

Melt the butter, add it to the cake mix, pour in the water and the milk.

Mix it all up.


Yum.

Please feel free to take a heaping spoonful and eat it.

Or maybe two if it's been one of those days.

And let's be honest, there have been times when I just mix this batter up and eat it that way. Sometimes Aaron helps. Sometimes.

Grease a 9x13 pan, spread enough batter just to cover the bottom.

Only about half of the batter that you have left in the bowl after sampling.
Bake that up for 6-10 minutes or until it looks almost done.

Pull that out of the oven, and pour the carmel over it. Add the chocolate chips. Mmmm....chocolate chips......

Now take the remaining batter and drop it on top of the carmel goodness. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. I was busy trying not to drip drool into my brownies. (note I said "my" brownies)

Put that back in the oven for 15min.

Oh, just look at that gooey goodness. Heaven help me.

Let them cool, then put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set up.

After they are all set, cut them up.

Brownies for the family,

And that's MY brownie over on the right side there.

Thank goodness I've come to accept my thighs for who they are.

Carmel Brownies
1 pkg German Chocolate Cake mix
3/4 c butter (1 1/2 cubes)
1/4 c water
1/3 c milk

1 cup carmel (either carmel squares-about 50 + 1/3 cup milk, or carmel sauce-one cup + 2 tbsp flour whisked in until incorporated well)
1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter. Combine cake mix, melted butter, water and milk, stir until smooth.

1 comments:

Becky said...

:-O

I want those!

My thighs are bigger than yours. What's a little more, right???