Saturday, June 13, 2009

True Love


My heart just melts when my husband calls me in the middle of the day and says things like "Hey, I'm heading to Gygi during my lunch today."

And then I start drooling and my knees go weak.

Bless that man.

I mentioned that I'd show you my Gygi goods last week (that kind of sounds inappropriate, doesn't it?). These are too good to keep to myself.

A couple of weeks ago when I started playing with lemon tart recipes, I put in the plug for hubby to drop by Heaven's Kitchen Store and get a Microplane zester. He had no idea what I was talking about. I assured him that they would.

Turns out they were out of the zester I wanted. Bless him again for knowing which one I wanted. And for getting on a call list for when them came in.

But of course you can't leave a store like that empty handed, and I'd asked for a tart pan to, so he got to work.

What are the amazing treasures he brought home?
I'm glad you asked.

The beloved tart pans.

I love them. My husband loves the things I make in them. Everyone wins.

The new pastry cutter I mentioned. It's all cushy. And yellow. Hard to beat that.
And a silicone baster. Hubby picked that out. I was skeptical. Skeptic no more-this thing rocks!

Hold on to your hats for this one. Really. No drooling, save it for the one after this one.
Oh hear the heavens break forth into song!

Putting this beauty to the test tonight and I can't wait! This is one of those pans I'd see and think "I'd love to splurge on that", but never actually would because I'd feel guilty buying something so pretty and non-essential. But he picked it out. Guilt free makes it even better!

And the piece de resistance......

Yes, that is chocolate. That's how we buy it. This is Aaron's love-I prefer dark and this is milk, but this makes for some killer creations. This baby will be put to work soon as well.

And just in case you were wondering how big that really is:

One more frame of reference, our 2yr old "Tank", holding this sucker. Wow.
(check out the look on that kid's face! Jackpot!)
Now you may drool.


And hallelujah for the zester coming in this week!

We'll put it to work with some limes very very soon.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never been to Gygi's. I love to bake!! I need to go. I'm sure it will become a new addiction to want to shop there.

Unknown said...

Good gravy! What a sweetie!

Kelsey said...

fantabulous! Can't wait to see what you make. I love the blue baster, it's dope :)

justdawn said...

DUD! That is the chocolate of my dreams!!!

And I covet that pan...and that zester.

Would Aaron care to be my personal shopper??? heh

~LL~ said...

OOOOOOO.....I want a microplane! I'm more jealous of your pan.....really. Not the tart, but the one with the fancy-schmancy shapes. If you hear your name being called out in vain, it would be my hubby, in anger, because there are few items I *need* in my kitchen. LOL!