Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making a Happy Home Monday, er, um, Tuesday

All right, so it doesn't quite have the same ring to it to say "Making a Happy Home Tuesday", but hey, better late than never right?

Since yesterday consisted of 11 children most of the day (topping out at 13, bottoming out at 9 shortly before my lovely Hubby came home), getting anything too life-changing done just wasn't happening. But I did get the living room, dining room and kitchen clean and upstairs vacuumed plus 3 loads of laundry done, so it wasn't a total bomb.

On to today!

Two poor windows have been sitting naked for entirely too long.

The office, which used to be the girls bedroom has been naked since the girls took their very pink decor downstairs.

Now:

No longer naked! A lovely deep brown silk harlequin fabric, that you can't really see. Oh well.
(sorry, crappy point and shoot pics again-still haven't charged the battery for the real camera)

One day I'll actually finish this room. It may not be for another five years, but at least we're heading that direction.

The other is in my big boys' room downstairs. The older two lost their valance in an unfortunate accident where the curtain rod became a weapon of some sort and was subsequently snapped in half.

Big shocker I know.

But since the super-cheap Walmart blinds have also been stripped of their home (due to some other act of weaponry), their window was doubly bad!

(wow-that is a bad pic. This is actually a blue plaid fabric.)
So at least now the valance is back, though the blinds I fear will not be back. Oh well. $7 for a year and a half isn't so bad. And I'd be ticked if I'd have bought the nice wood blinds like we have upstairs and they'd been broken, so even if I have to replace cheap blinds every year, it will STILL be less expensive than buying nice ones! ha.

Next week, I'm aiming for Monday.

3 comments:

~LL~ said...

GIRL! Thanks for posting (I'm just getting to this ;) )

anyway, I hear ya on cheap WM blinds...I love 'em. So many times, "Batman" throws "2-Face" into the blinds and bends or breaks them. They get replaced annually. LOL!

Rebecca said...

Catey,

I just found out that you have a blog, I've been reading through your posts. As I read this blog, then saw the date I realized that 4 of the 11 children that you were talking about were mine. I just wanted to thank you for watching them that day. I was going crazy being at the hospital all by myself. Chloe was in the nursery and I couldn't be in there all the time, and when I wasn't in the nursery I was literally all alone. So I want to thank you for watching my other kids so that Kyle could come to the hospital and spend some time with me and with Chloe before he brought me home.

Rebecca said...

Catey,

I just found out that you have a blog, I've been reading through your posts. As I read this blog, then saw the date I realized that 4 of the 11 children that you were talking about were mine. I just wanted to thank you for watching them that day. I was going crazy being at the hospital all by myself. Chloe was in the nursery and I couldn't be in there all the time, and when I wasn't in the nursery I was literally all alone. So I want to thank you for watching my other kids so that Kyle could come to the hospital and spend some time with me and with Chloe before he brought me home.