Friday, July 25, 2008

Yes, I'm still here

and yes, still very much rotundly pregnant. But hey, the Chinese food last night was wonderful! As was the company, the hanging out, and the fireworks. For those who aren't in the lovely state of Ut, yesterday was our state holiday, so of course the folks did a get-together and the bbq (although I was selfish pregnant woman and ate Chinese instead of a burger). Good times. Even better times watching my sister go stir-crazy that I'm still pregnant. Hey-it got me a foot massage!

Anyway-just thought I'd throw out the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. For those who don't live in the Happy Valley Culture, it probably won't make as much sense, but hopefully will still be at least mildly amusing. For those who live here (in state) you will, I'm sure, greatly appreciate it. Too many people do not appreciate satire. This is one of the best forms I've seen in a while. I read about this blog www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com this morning, and though I've only read the most current posts, I think I've found my new addiction. Especially in light of the recent conversation in my immediate neighborhood about appreciating simplicity and being good enough just the way you are, and not feeling like you can just be yourself, to me this took aim right at the very core. (btw-I have an awesome book to pass on to you ladies when I finish it!) Don't be offended, it's all in good fun, it's not meant to be mean. Just a humorous look at a perceived lifestyle. And I do have to say that the Pioneer post really cracked me up. You know you've met people just like that! ; )

As for any exciting news on the home front, we'll keep you posted, I promise!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

are you still prego? he he
You should Hallie's face today :(
Charli....getting old! You better come out or else.

Unknown said...

That is one stubborn baby. Can't wait to meet you baby Charlotte!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

WELCOME BABY CHARLOTTE!

~LL~ said...

I KNEW it would be today!!! (hence yesterday's comment.)

Welcome home, Charlotte!

Congratulations, Catey and Aaron.

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Cant wait to see her!