Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Irony

I hate doing laundry. Actually, I take that back. I really don't mind doing my laundry b/c I have a rockin' washer and dryer. It's the folding/putting away part that I stink at. For some reason if it is something other than towels, I just HATE folding it.

Thus my anticipation for the dryer to finish yesterday to *let* me fold the clothes was nearly unbelievable. Why is it suddenly fun to fold laundry? Because it's TINY! :) And once my girls saw what was going on, they could not wait to sort and help fold the laundry. Amazing what a difference it made!

(nursery pics to come once I get a few things up on the walls. and I just noticed my Reese's stashed up there on the shelf! lol I wondered where I had put that....)

So hey, even if everyone else's clothes end up stashed behind the couch and unfolded for days, at least you will always find clean folded towels neatly put away, along with a well organized baby wardrobe!

Oh, and my apologies to my husband who probably got excited and thought the post said "Iron-ing". No, no such luck. Still didn't do that either.

8 comments:

justdawn said...

I am folding and putting away impaired, too;)

Can't wait to see baby What's-Her-Name's nursery!

Cindi said...

Completely agree. I only like to fold towels and baby clothes too.

~LL~ said...

LOL...I totally hear you on that. I RAWK at washing and drying the clothes.....alas, that is where my laundering talents end.

But, you are right...it is "loads" of fun to fold and put away the teeny-tiny stuff.....

Unknown said...

Awww! How SWEET!! I know her nursery will be adorable. You can't do anything that's NOT adorable!!

Kerri said...

It pays to have older kids. Eventually they have to wash, dry, fold/hang up all of the laundry. Like I always say I'm a mean mom.

Catey said...

You and me both Kerri! One of Malia's friends tells her constantly how mean I am! lol The oldest three all do their own and Jacob is soon to follow! One person doing laundry for 9 people is just a bit much....

Shilo said...

Love the colors!
Laundry is just no fun all around...but there is bonuses when it is just little tiny things. It doesn't take as long.
Did you guys paint the walls?
I could use some help in that area as I am contemplating doing the kids' rooms...

Kelsey said...

cute. What else do you need? I can come next week to help. Still not feeling so hot! Sooooo sick yesterday, wanted to die.