Friday, July 25, 2008

Charlotte Olwen


(This is Aaron posting for Catey)

Today our little Charli came into the world. Catey and I knew today may be the day for over a week because at her last appointment, she asked the Dr. what day she could be induced and he said the 24th. The 24th in Utah is a huge state holiday, it is the day when the Mormon pioneers came into the valley to settle....huge fireworks, everyone (local) has the day off, its like having two 4th of July celebrations in one month....but I digress.

I think kids should have their own day, kids born on holidays get the shaft in my book. So I suggested the day after (and just for the record, I had forgotten that was the day I picked for the baby pool. I had picked it almost two weeks before her Dr. suggested it!)

She was already having contractions this morning when we went in and by the time we got there, they hooked her up to the pitocin, a few hours later broke the water and Charli was born less than an hour later.

She came in at 6lbs 9oz and was 18 inces long, pink, perfect and happy to be here....really, she does not cry much.....yet.

If I were her, I would start the crying right after I got home and met the siblings. The kids came by and were able to get a few min with her and mom.

Catey and baby are great. I thought I would post some pics for everyone to see.

Everyone will be home on Sat.


18 comments:

Kelsey said...

I LOVE Charli-o!!!!! You're lucky I didn't smuggle her in my purse :) Cause she would def fit. Such a little gooer.

justdawn said...

Congratulations Catey, Aaron, Malia, Taylor, Alaina, Jacob, Dallin and Lincoln and WELCOME Baby Charli!!!

She looks a lot like Malia:) You make gorgeous babies!!! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Unknown said...

She is just BEAUTIFUL!

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! A B Baby for sure!

CATEY- Can't you at least mess your hair up a little bit?

5Pack said...

Yeah! She made it :) Congrats Ball Family! Another beautiful baby to add to the group. Seriously Catey, could you make it look like you just went through labor or something - sheesh! No wonder you have 7 kids - it's too easy :) We're soooo happy for you guys. We love you!
Love, The Packs

Heidi said...

I'm so excited!!!

Fantastic news!

Welcome, welcome little Charlotte! Happy "babymoon" Catey! :)

Unknown said...

I already commented on Aaron's blog, but you are the one that deserves the applause. She is beautiful. Please let us know if you ANYTHING, seriously. Trips to the store, watching kids, yard work, meals, renting movies, etc.

em said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.By the way, no one should look as good as you do after giving birth. Not fair.

Jen said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Isn't it nice to have her OUT! We would love to have your kids come play so my kids are entertained and you can get some rest.

Heidi said...

Congrats you guys!! She's adorable! Let me know if you need me to make a grocery store run for you or bring by a meal or something......I know it was a big help after Trevor arrived.

~LL~ said...

WELCOME, BABY CHARLI AND CONGRATS AARON AND CATEY! She is beautiful. (DH said...and I quote..."she looks like everyong THINKS their babies look like before they discover they look like lizards." Too funny.)

Anyway...All I need is another girl and my boys are set up! We could be great in-laws!

Aaron said...

~LL~
Way funny!

Ours start out cute then become lizards when they hit two....well dragons really, but I guess that is a really BIG lizzard.

Catey -
How come I post the same blog on both sites, and you get more hits?....and now that I am adding this one, you get another one....we should have a race someday.

The Balls said...

TOO CUTE! Congratulations, she is beautiful! I love the "little" stage, so sweet! Cannon never had that, he came into the world a tank!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! You guy's are awesome!

Shilo said...

Congrats!
She is beautiful, can tell she belongs to the family already.
Hope you are recovering well...

Stacy said...

I'm peeing about the "meeting the siblings" part:) She is so BEAUTIFUL...and so is Charlotte;) Catey, you looked fabulous! Did you even break a sweat? Congratulation! What an angel!!! Tell my boyfriend Jake hi!

Kelsey said...

wait a sec.........I just noticed you are barefoot on the hospital floor. Vomit! I'm going to be sick. I'll be right over to burn your feet off.

Cindi said...

Congratulations! We came back from CA today and were glad to find out that baby Charlotte has arrived. She is adorable and beautiful. Hope all is well with mom and baby.

Heidi said...

So I just read Aaron's blowout story and I thought it was hilarious because almost the same thing happened to Matt with Trevor after getting home.....but you know how those boys can spray, though!! Great story!