Friday, July 18, 2008

Still here! 38wks

Well, still hanging around waiting, thankfully not fielding phone calls of "have you had the baby yet??" ;) It's only taken 6 children for people to figure out that we actually WILL call them when baby arrives! Progress!

The good news is that there is a little bit of progress-I'm not quite 3cms dilated, and about 70% effaced. Dr tried to strip membranes for me yesterday, but of course baby was sitting too high for him to be able to do it. Story of every end of pregnancy appointment for me! But since yesterday I've had a nice increase in pressure, along with a few other gross symptoms that I'll spare you the details of-but that indicate that things are moving in the right direction instead of just going no where. Yay!

I was treated to a pedicure yesterday that was to die for (thanks Ashley, Jen and Amy!!). All you local ladies-you NEED to go see Shamie-she is the best! Absolutely wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

The good news is that I don't feel like dying, I'm not swollen up like a balloon, and I'm actually still (kind of) sleeping at night. I figured this would be the worst last month of pregnancy I'd ever experienced-since it's around 100 degrees outside-but it really hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. What a blessing! I was feeling good enough yesterday that Aaron and I walked laps through the Avenues while waiting for my dr to go do a delivery before my appt. I was wearing cute shoes though so I ended up with a little blister, but it actually felt really nice to just go walk the hills up there. If I didn't live so far away I'd do it again today! I think this is the first time since having had Taylor early that I don't feel the need to look at my belly and scream "Get out!! NOW!" past the 38wk mark. It's odd to not feel the anxiousness that I usually get by this point....I'm not so much the most patient person around, but feel oddly at ease with the fact that this will likely be my longest pregnancy since my first. Two more days and I'm there. Hmmm.....Hopefully that is just an indicator that I've finally grown up more and not that this child is consigned to remaining in me until August!

For those who haven't jumped in the baby pool yet and still want to venture a guess, scroll down a couple of posts for the info and the link. My personal opinion is that Tiffany should get a prize for guessing that I'd go earliest! Thanks Tiffany! :)

Today we finish up Taylor's extended treasure hunt, then we'll be heading up in the canyons for a picnic dinner. Maybe I'll do a little hiking while we're there..... and I guess I should put together a bag for the hospital at some point, and decide what this baby will wear home, and finish her quilt....... I really haven't been procrastinating, I'm just chalking it up to a self-conscious decision to leave something for me to do these last few days while I'm waiting.....

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Have you had your baby yet?


he he

Kelsey said...

did you see how someone guessed you'd have an 8 pounder? Hey, at least you could be in the club.

justdawn said...

I still think that tomorrow's going to be the day;)

Cindi said...

Good luck. I hope you continue to feel well until the end . . . I actually love the waiting and anticipation and then the moment when real labor starts.

Kelsey said...

CHARLI..........GET OUT!

Tiffany said...

I thought for sure you would go earlier. I felt inspired in my guess of the arrival ;) I am totally willing to accept a prize for whatever reason!