Friday, July 23, 2010

Girls Night


So it's been almost a month.
A full month!
I was doing so good at actually writing posts thinking "I'll hit publish once I download the pictures". Taking a few minutes at a time to jot things down here because let's face it-it's much easier (and quicker) to sit down and type a few paragraphs than to actually write in a journal.
Even when you are long winded.

So, since I wrote this back on June 25th, I'm using it dangit! this blog needs a little more fluff lately.

Tonight it's Girls Night.


The boys are off camping so it's just me and the girls. The house has been freakishly quiet this afternoon and evening.
After we sent the boys off, Alaina went to play with a friend, Charlotte went down for her nap, and Malia and I hit the backyard. She lounged in the little kiddie pool, I lounged in the chair. Eventually I switched from the chaise to a regular chair so that my feet could share the pool. Add a few popsicles, and you have bliss.

I figured I'd let them call the shots this evening and make it their deal. 'Cause let's be honest here, my idea of a "fun" night would have consisted of a short run, a long bath, a massage (though with Aaron gone that was kind of out of the picture), and lounging in bed.

They watched a movie this afternoon, each with their own bag of popcorn.
They had cake for lunch.
They chose pizza for dinner.

There was plenty of giggling.
And then came the ice cream.
They wanted another movie and their nails done.
I'm happy to say that I didn't even argue their movie choice (Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakqual-really wouldn't have been my first choice!), and they both thought it was just great.
I sat through it with them. Because moms sit through things like that to make their kids happy.
The nails are colorful.

The girls are full of sugar (there were Skittles and Starburst in addition to the garbage they'd already sucked down).
There are smiles on their faces.

And now that it's nearly 11, I'm ready to crash. Hopefully they are too. We'll see how long it takes them to build the fort out of the dining table. That's where they want to sleep. Hard floor under a table? Who wouldn't want to sleep there?

Hope you had an eventful Friday night as well.


Photobucket

2 comments:

CloughClan said...

I love this one. That's the kind of stuff memories are made of. And things I look forward to doing with my own girls when they are older. :)

Rheanna said...

I don't think the boys realize how much we all enjoy Father and Sons...I love Girls Night and one day, I'll love it more because the girls will pick things that I like to do too!