Thursday, April 1, 2010

Normalcy

It's frustrating, and yet oddly comforting that life just moves on. Part of me wants everything to just stop. But I am also glad that the duties of every day life keep me busy, and keep the hours passing by.

Yesterday I did laundry. And finally folded all the "single" socks that came through the wash and were stuck in the sock drawer.

I put together 110 pairs of socks.

There are still 60 single socks in that drawer.

9 people make for a lot of socks.

I tried making matching socks a punishment chore once. I realized a few days later that the offender had just started putting socks together even though they didn't actually match. Nice.
A creative way to get out of your punishment more easily. And probably a large part of the reason that so many socks have ended up back in the drawer again.

Now I just do socks myself. With the help of my younger boys, telling them it's a matching game.
And bribing them with Smarties.

Sugar will get you a lot in this house.

Speaking of sugar, I baked yesterday. It was nice to bake. It's been too long. Last week when I tried to bake I ruined my cookies. Like they ended up as one big giant blob all over the cookie sheet. I don't even know the last time I messed up cookies. Who does that? Oh well, it was a good laugh. This week I baked cinnamon rolls. Thankfully much more successfully than last week's attempts at baking. It was nice to end the day with the house warm and smelling good as the snow fell again outside.

And today, just like every day, I got up, got the kids off to school, did some dishes and laundry, and broke up a fight between two rambunctious little boys.

It's nice that I can count on some normalcy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Since we both have little rambunctious boys, we should have a luncheon and let them play together outside. That way I can actually talk to someone my own age AND most importantly, partake of your yummy baked goods! :)

~LL~ said...

You amaze me.....

Becky said...

Ahh, the power of smarties. It's quite amazing, isn't it??

I'm glad there is always chaos of children to keep us parents 'grounded' and moving forward.

If you're ever up in SLC area for Dr. appointment or anything and need help with kids being watched, please let me know...