Saturday, April 10, 2010

5 in 14

Yesterday was another appointment for me. My 5th appointment in 14 days. Considering that 4 of those days were Saturdays and Sundays when they don't do appointments, that equates to 5 appointments in 10 days.

I'm getting a bit doctored out.

One more step in our new "normal".

Thankfully this appointment was just my boring regular monthly check-up with my midwife.
I still don't know if those will continue or if I'll be just transferring everything to Perinatology.

Guess I'll find out at my next Peri visit in a week and a half.

Anyway, all is fine with me-by all accounts I'm still a remarkably boring pregnant person. Just 3lbs gained in the last month (nothing short of a miracle considering all that's been going on and the fact that I'm an emotional eater), blood pressure nice and steady at a whopping 80/50 (yay!), and I'm still measuring 4 weeks ahead.

Ack! 4 weeks ahead!

Which explains why for the past month I've been looking in the mirror and at past pregnancy belly photos and thinking "I look like I normally do at about 24 weeks! I don't show this soon!"
What do you know-this IS about what I normally look like at 24wks. For real. There's a reason I've been thinking that.

Oh well, my body is just trying to make sure Sam is nice and comfy in there. Give him as much room as he wants. That's ok with me.

It was a little difficult to go over everything with her; she had the reports from Maternal Fetal Medicine, but wanted more details on everything and wanted to make sure I was ok.
It was quite a compliment when she told me she could tell that when I said "I'm doing pretty good. We're going pretty good." that she could very plainly tell that I wasn't lying.
I'm sure that sounds weird, that that seemed like a compliment, but if I can say that out loud, face to face, while discussing the details of everything that's going on right now, that reassures me that I really am doing good. I'm not just faking it.
It's oddly comforting.

Next appointment is our next ultrasound on the 21st. I'm looking forward to seeing my sweet little boy again, but nervous at what the measurements will be. 11 more days.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love me some Sammy James!

Unknown said...

Still praying for you guys and for wee Sam.

Tiffany Johnson said...

Hi Catey,
It's Tiffany (Reese) from good old Skyline days. I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks back, and in reading through it, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're amazing. Not only with your current children, but with the precious little one on his way. I'm keeping you in my prayers, and am hoping for great news in another couple months.