Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is what happens


Anyone with kids knows that a family picture is interesting.

HA! Interesting! Boy isn't that putting it nicely.

Want to know what happens when you have seven kids and try to take a family picture?

Nothing fancy, just an attempt to capture everyone at a little family gathering.

We hand the camera over and ask the poor unknowning photographer to just take as many pictures as possible for a period of 2 or 3 minutes. Heck, we're optimistic!

Watch closely. (sorry, nothings cropped, so the background is kind of big)
















Go ahead and scroll back through those.

Did you notice how #5 (far right) keeps moving further out until I grab him.
(after which he checks out his arm to make sure he's not damaged)

Notice that #6 (far left) is just having the time of his life.

And did you catch that my oldest daughter is posing?

Oldest boy is trying his darndest to look bored until Dad turns to check his facial expression.

And the lovely child on my chair-he goes for the subtle face making.

Charli kept trying to take off her shoes.

Then dear little middle daughter figured she'd just lean in as much as possible and try to look smug.

My Hubby is completely stoic. You'd think he's not enjoying himself or something. HA!

I won't even begin to comment on myself.

Oh joy.

And this is just a fraction of the total photos taken.

As soon as we get a copy of the one we decided to print, I'll share it. It's classic. I've decided that perfect family photos are HIGHLY overrated. At least for my family.

Hey, I'm just trying to keep it real. Why not look back in 20 years and remember what life was really like?

Maybe next week I'll share the one we tried to get of all the grandkids (disclaimer: 7 of the 8 are mine).
Those pictures are just......really, wow.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Deedles said...

I love the pictures...it reminds me of my family...we had 8 kids! It was always a fun time! :)

Heidi said...

I love it and I loved going back through them and noticing the things you pointed out! So fun! I like the candid photos....like you said. You want to remember what life was really like and those will be the most cherished probably.

Unknown said...

TOTAL hoot! I can't even begin to imagine how tough it would be to get all 7 to cooperate ...bribes?

Niki said...

To me, the real life pics are the best! You will look back and really remember how each kid was at that time...smiles are great, but they can be forgettable.

Shilo said...

Hahaha!
Those are great!
And, if it makes you feel any better, we get the same kinds of family pictures and we only have 4 kids...
I also like how you pointed out that you had to grab onto one kid to keep him from taking off - I thought that was hilarious!

Kelsey said...

I'm suprised Dal is pulling that one face :) I'm dying about M's posing...peeing!!! Those are the worst pix ever. ha ha

Cindi said...

Love them. Remember the days before digital and they just took one and that's what you were stuck with? Horrifying and hilarious family pictures. Great memories.

Kerri said...

It reminds me of my family but you are still 3 short. hee hee. It is an adventure!!

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see the one you chose!

Stacy said...

Love it! What a gorgeous family!!

Ashley said...

Thank Heavens for that 'photo shop' thing that you are great at! ;)

~LL~ said...

LOVE THEM!!! At least nobody was filmed picking something. LOL! And you are right perfection in photos is WAY overrated. You want to remember how you were (well, most people do anyway. LOL)

Aaron said...

My hair is out of place....