Friday, September 4, 2009

*But*

I should be getting ready to go camping, but I'll get to it in a bit.

My lawn may not be mowed perfectly, but my children are learning to work.

I should eat a healthy breakfast, but M&Ms taste so good.

My laundry may not be folded and put away, but at least it's clean.

I stayed up too late last night, but it was so nice to hang out, uninterrupted, with my husband.

My pants may be falling down, but that's better than being too tight.

My house may not be clean, but I helped my neighbor.

My hands may not be manicured, but my toes look great.

My baby girl is obsessed with shoes, but, um, so am I.

I may not be a great cook, but dang it-I can bake!

I may have eaten a half a dozen sweet rolls last Saturday, but I also ran 5 miles so it didn't count. (right?)

My kitchen may not be clean, but my living room is sparkling!

I know almost all of the words to all of the HSM soundtracks, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that as I should be.

I should worry that my son wears black socks with sandals when we leave the house, but I'm proud of him for doing it by himself.

I should finish the ironing, but it's so much more fun teaching my son to read.

I have snot and bits of oatmeal stuck to my shirt, but I've hugged and held my children today.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Aaron said...

I like your legs, hair, eyes and *but* (yeah that too....)

MaryAnne said...

This is why we are friends! Thanks for the great post!!!!

~LL~ said...

:) Sweet post

Kelsey said...

I hope you are frebreezing your car.....and your kids as we speak :) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Denise said...

Catey, you always have a way of putting things in perspective for me! I just love you for it!!

Malinda said...

I am sooo glad I am not the only one that eats m&m's for breakfast!!!