Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Special Delivery

Dear Mail Carrier:

I grew up in a neighborhood where the mailman actually walked from house to house.  Still does.  Because the mail boxes are on the houses.  Yes, you deliver mail in the middle of nowhere, but there are thousands of us who live out here, so it's not like one stop totally out of your way.   I think it is nice that you get to just sit in your jeep out here and do not have to walk up to each house.  It saves you tons of time.  I'm sure that getting out to actually put packages on door steps can probably get annoying.  Thus I say to you, kudos for creativity.


But really, you can no longer blame me for the door to my mailbox not shutting easily.

Photobucket

8 comments:

XLMIC said...

NO! The mailman did NOT do that for real, did he? Maybe he has mobility issues? I hope it wasn't a heavy package.

Cindi said...

She/he is not supposed to be doing that! We've had lots of complaints on our street about that very thing (same soul, I assume). I watched her the other day try to decide whether or not she could hang the box or go to the door. It was comical. (I'm a bit of a mail junkee--and yes, some days I'm watching her make her way up the street.) I hope it didn't permanently damage the box.

Laurie said...

Wow. Your poor mailbox. :(

Hope your kiddos are feeling better (I'm a bit behind on blog reading) and you're still healthy.

Molly said...

Nooo, what they have to do is put the flag up and balance the package on the top of the mailbox against the flag! works beautifully.

Unknown said...

That happens to me all the time. LOL Cracks me up. Last month the mailman shoved a package that was clearly not small enough to be inside the mailbox. But, with his determination and shoving and shoving it and cramming it into that small little spot led him to a success. He avoided walking the 20 feet to my door...and also knocked the mailbox post loose. Yeah...digging a whole in the middle of January was a lot of fun, let me tell ya. :/

Katie Stoddart said...

We had the same problem when we lived in cc. I haven't noticed it as much now, but I don't get too many packages.

Unknown said...

Uh oh

Kelsey said...

Laziest mailman EVER!
Newman!