Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Randomness

Too much floating around in this brain of mine.

I thoroughly LOVED the comments on the last post about number of kids.  And the emails.  Very fun to read everyone's thoughts.  I had an interesting conversation about it with some friends the other day as well.  General consensus:  With close friends, we all talk about things like that anyway.  Otherwise, mind your own business, am I right?

Those who were interested in the game the Dot Dot Dot review can find it HERE.  It is the Super Press Space to Win adventure.  Still cracks me up.

Speaking of the Dot Dot Dot review, we have a friend who watched it multiple times and couldn't figure out why it was so funny.  When we pointed out the gross spelling errors he said "oh.  I didn't notice that."  When we pointed out that the narrator was reading the errors as written he said "well that makes more sense."  Oh dear.
I can't tell you how many times we use "beacuase" and "esey" in our conversations now.  That also still cracks me up.

I'm headed down to paint trim in my girls' bedroom so we can get that put back together.  They decided they are done with pink and purple.  I knew the day would come and really, I'm kind of surprised we made it till my oldest was 12.  Granted they've been asking to change the color for a year.....
It is now a funky aqua color.  Pretty darn bright, but fun.  Accents will be black and white, should be cute when it's done.  The tax return showed up in the bank account today (hallelujah!) so we can get their beds ordered too.  No more ginormous metal twin over full bunk.  (hallelujah!)

It snowed last night.  A lot.  Well, not a ton, but more than just a little.  I'd guess we're at 6ish inches right now?  It's supposed to keep going through tomorrow and Sunday.  I really enjoyed our little taste of spring and seeing my tulips start to poke through the ground.  Good thing the snow is beautiful as it first falls, makes it a little easier to be bundling kids up again.  But with that said, I am SO ready for winter to be over!

It was haircut week for the boys.  Aaron cuts their hair, saving us roughly $3,546,287 a year.  Ok not quite,  but close enough with the rate at which my little apes tend to grow hair.  Taylor has been asking to go bald since before Halloween.  He wanted to be Avatar something or other but we wouldn't let him shave his head due to the fact that he was cast as Scrooge in a production of A Christmas Carol.  I know, I haven't blogged about that yet.  It's only been two months....I'll get there.
Now we didn't have any reasons why he couldn't.  So Aaron handed the clippers over.


Then after cleaning up the less than even self-cutting job, his head was bic-ed at his request.

This child is a toothpick, so when he's bald he looks like chemo boy.
Can't wait to see him in his baggy basketball uniform tomorrow.  All those gangly limbs hanging out.

And his giant shoes (the boy wears a mens 7 now) remind me of toothpicks stuck in jumbo marshmallows.

And without hair his ears look as big as Sam's.

Speaking of Sam, I'm dying to photoshop a certain photo of Sam to make his skin blue.

Had a team meeting yesterday for my first relay event.  I am beyond excited.  We are doing the Red Rock Relay in Moab, so it's a short quick one, but should be a blast and goes through such beautiful places!  And it promises some good hills.  Two and a half months.  Can't wait.

I am going out tonight with two of my very best friends.  I am beyond excited for this too.  Even just a 30 minute chat with these people the other night totally turned my crazy day around.  Hours together should sustain me for a couple of months.  Good times for sure.

I have never been more grateful for a washer and dryer in my home as I have been for the past week.  I am ready to be done passing the stomach flu around.  We are now at almost 12 hours since the last child puked all over everything.  Ok, not everything, just the bathroom, but still.

I am even more grateful that I have not been hit with everything passing through my house for the past two weeks.  Fighting a little cold but that's it.  I'll take it!

I need to repaint the kitchen.  I have decided I am done with the dark red that it is now, but have no idea what I want to do.  What to do, what to do......  Thoughts?

I have been taking pictures of my midsection post baby.  You know I'm obsessed with belly pictures while I'm pregnant, watching my middle expand to great proportions.....I thought it would be interesting to see the transformation going the other direction.  Even though I'm still not where I'd like to be ab-wise, it's encouraging.

I can't figure out where I put our little point and shoot camera.  Again.  I do this about 10 times every week.  There were some pictures I wanted to download of Charlotte and I in a box.  Hmmm....wonder where that is....I should find that today.  Again.

But first I'm going to take advantage of Sam's morning nap and go paint that trim.

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

3 comments:

XLMIC said...

Toothpicks in jumbo marshmallows! lol

He sounds a lot like my skinny George... even down to the wanting a shaved head :)

I love reading your random craziness. It is so much fun and helps me to see that there are others out there who live a life similar to my own!

Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

I had a so much fun last night! I couldn't fall asleep for over an hour...I kept going over all of our coversations that we had (I know, weird, that's just what I do...) Thanks again :)
For the kitchen...I say a really light, pale blue. I was thinking of redoing our red too a few months ago, don't have to worry about that anymore ;)

The Brown Family said...

I'm so excited for RRR Moab. It will be great getting to know you better-- and we have a super fun team!

Go Sassy Pants!

Kim