Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh the laughs

For Your Sunday Evening Viewing Pleasure.  Or maybe Monday morning for many of you.  If so, hopefully this gets your week off to an amusing start.

Everyone has their favorite little YouTube guilty pleasures.  One of ours is Dot Dot Dot.  We watch it at least a few times a week.  It never fails.  Laughing every single time.  The more you watch it the funnier it gets.

For those of you not familiar with this little clip, allow me to explain.  Actually, allow me to copy and past the explanation.  
In an age where the anonymous reviewer is held to no general standard of grammar or spelling, an intelligible trolling rant is a common and often eye-rolling occurrence. And when a game is meant as a parody of its genre, and a player playing it doesn't quite get the joke ... well, magic happens.

But the real triumph, is when an epic voice actor decides to perform a run-of-the-mill game review rant ... committing to all its grammatical belligerence.

I present to you, Dot Dot Dot — Animated. I hop uyo enjo it.



 In other words, someone wrote a review. That someone has next to zero functionality in regard to grammar and spelling, and no appreciation for satire, and this is a dramatic reading of the review as written.  Please watch this:
(for some reason part of the screen is being cut off...double click to see the full thing-trust me, you want to)



Brilliance!

Now, back in the first week when we had discovered this little gem, the hubby and I happened to be watching it repeatedly.  Late at night.  Like the wee hours of the morning late.  (and yes that is his phone that goes off.  twice.  Who was calling so late?)  After a very long day.
You know how things are funnier when it's really late and you are totally wiped out from the day?
I was dying at how hard Aaron was laughing, so I filmed it.
Yes, that is my squeaky voice and strained laughter.  But it pales in comparison to him totally dying over this video.



Yes, that was a snort in there.  A couple of times I think.  It is a rare thing to see him laugh so hard he squeaks.
No, we don't drink.  Thank goodness!  If this is what sober is like, can you imagine?  Do you think the stress of school, work, and life in general might be getting to him?
Nah!  It's all good!  But man, things can be so much funnier in the middle of the night!
Oh, we played the game too.  Hilarious.

You can bet that we will be studying spelling a little bit more at our house this week.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

beacuase..my fave :)
This is very funny!

Ashley said...

hahaha! Now I get the whole Dot Dot Dot thing...ok, not sure that "I get it"...I may have to watch it a few more times, but now I get what you were talking about the other night. :)

Kelly Hill said...

Where can I find the game? That was hilarious! My kids can't stop watching it...(dot dot dot)