Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stylish Tag

the Stylish Blogger award.....
hahaha!

It's because I spared you the details of the stomach flu I mentioned yesterday isn't it?

You know, I have spent an inordinate amount of time making fun of my husband's best friend and all the bloggy awards that he receives/hands out.  Of course, he's a guy and he lists them in his sidebar with the little pictures of kittens and teacups and everything that frequently accompany such awards, so he totally opened himself up for that and I consider him fair game.  My husband and I spent so much time mocking all those girly awards, that Aaron came up with one more award for his friend:


The "I like your blog so much it makes me vomit rainbows" award.  
This one never got listed in the sidebar.  I don't know why. 

Since I have in part continued the quarantine which leaves me home with too much laundry no desire to be productive a little spare time, I'll play along.

The rules:
-Link back to the awardee-my friend who is a mega athlete and will always conjure up images of Roman Numerals and Fidel Castro
-Share 7 things about myself
-Pass it along
-Let those others let them know that it is their duty to continue the madness

In case you did not get enough of my weirdness back here, go ahead and read on.  I'll make #7 the grand finale, how about that?

#1.  I like socks.  A lot.

This is about half of my stash-all of my blues and most of my greens and purples and black and white patterns are in the laundry (hey, I told you I was behind on laundry), and we are not counting my running socks, funky running knee highs, or cycling socks.  And yes, those are nylons in the corner.  I wear nylons.  Deal with it.

#2.  I also like fabric.  A lot.  I could browse through a fabric store for hours.  This is a little bit of the stash I am currently working out of:

Those look like little baskets, but, uh, they aren't.  I will not show you the rest, because then my husband will see how much fabric I actually have.  Hi Honey!  Love you!  Actually this is legit to have, because I do a lot of sewing, and sell the finished products.  One day I will get my etsy shop restocked and out of vacation mode.

 #2 1/2 (since it goes with 2)  My biggest seller is aprons.  Stylish trendy aprons.  So what do I wear?  I wear an old worn out Ikea apron on which the straps are getting threadbare and are near breaking.  I know, I know.  I actually have made a number of aprons for myself, but before I ever get a chance to actually take it to my kitchen and use it, I end up carting it along to a boutique for a display and it sells, or someone needs an apron immediately for a gift or I need something immediately for a gift....you know how it goes.  I am actually in the process of making myself one (again) this week.  We'll see if it makes it to the kitchen.  I have a couple of months before Spring boutique season kicks in, so I should be safe!

#3. My toenails MUST be painted.  Always.  I've gotten lazy in these winter months (thanks to the funky socks), but in the summer I usually go fun and glittery.  I have shared pictures of my toenails before, so I'll spare you.

#4.  I have spent 308 weeks, since January of 1998, pregnant.  Actually if you include the pregnancy I miscarried it is 314 weeks.  That's a little over six years.  I have spent more time than that nursing.  Since we got married in August of 1997, 13 1/2 years ago, I have spent a grand total of just 16 months *not* pregnant or nursing.  Yes, I realize that I can't go on like that forever.  And gosh, I have a patient husband!

#5. I love love LOVE The Biggest Loser.  And I can finally watch it without eating ice cream.  Mostly because nursing Sam and eating dairy do not mix, but hey, whatever works.  Now I mostly eat smoothies while I watch it.  I am not the only one who eats when I watch that show, I've asked.

#6. Speaking of The Biggest Loser, we had one over to our house when he was the biggest winner.

Dude. is. huge.
Back in the day when the hubby used to do videography and photography he met Rulon at one of the corporate things he was doing.  Rulon needed his gold medal winning footage edited, because he was no longer married to the woman who jumped out of the stands after he won.  Slightly awkward for the next wife who watched said footage at every speaking engagement.  Anyway, Aaron did the editing for him so he came over to go over it all.  This was 2005, when he was still in training shape.  His chest was so big around that Aaron couldn't get his arms all the way around him.  That sounds strange....no they weren't hugging.  He was using Aaron during said corporate speaking engagement to help demo the hold he used on the Russian guy when he won the gold.  Anyway, nice guy.

#7.  Here's your grand finale...are you ready?
I was feeling brave recently.  So with just minutes notice, I dragged my husband out to the fields by our house to shoot a couple of photos for me.  On the last day to enter, I submitted a couple of photos to a modeling contest.



Silly, I know.
But yay me-I was chosen as a finalist!  Next week I head to Park City for a photo shoot for Impel Clothing's new line.  I am excited to go play dress up for a day!

And there you have it.  You just spent 5 minutes of your day reading about me.  Congratulations!
Now, since I have to go attend to my waking baby, I'm not going to tag specific people, BUT if you read this, you are fair game!  Let me know if you take the challenge of posting about your own randomness so I can come and check it out!


Photobucket

6 comments:

XLMIC said...

Hey! Thank you so much for putting your randomness out there! (I didn't even notify people because I have been so busy/lazy/not wanting to be annoying)

Of COURSE you'd get selected as a finalist... you are so incredibly photogenic! Those pictures of you are just beautiful. Congrats!

And I want to know about your aprons! not the IKEA one.

Laurie said...

I'm with you on the toenails and the socks. Love the grand finale. Beautiful pictures. Congratulations on the gig! I'm sure it will be a blast! I also love the pictures of your family (from a few posts ago), so so adorable. :)

Kelsey said...

love the randomness!!!! Maybe I should show my bedroom and have people try and find waldo! ha
toenails painted always!

Ashley said...

You are HOT!!! :)

~LL~ said...

If/when I get back, I might do this. :)

Socks.... I have about 5 pr of white ankle socks and about 4 pr of white gym socks. LOL! I have about 5 pr of Christmas socks and 5 pr of Halloween socks.... and I seldom wear them. I am usually barefoot

Loved this!

Dida said...

Fun to read your 'randomness' Catey. And so excited for you and your Impel clothing modeling! (no surprise that you were chosen...for a number of reasons.) Seeing your socks made me feel a little embarrassed. I don't know how many pairs I own...mostly cutesy patterns and holidays...I'm sure well over 150 pairs. I just pulled out my valentines ones and I have 18 pairs of just those. They brighten my days and I love them! ( I love nyloned legs too-think bare ones with dresses are ug!)