Monday, February 22, 2010

Today

I went running today-it was so sunny and bright out I couldn't help it! I wanted nothing more than to pull a Forrest Gump. You know, "Run Forrest, Run!"
I even called Aaron to pick me up wherever he found me on his way home. That way I could just go out and run as far as my little heart desired and not have to worry about a turn around point.

It was a good idea. I thought.

First, it was cold. Much colder than it looked. Like any sweat that attempted to leave my body instantly froze to my face cold.

I spent the first mile gagging and actually heaving a handful of times, trying not to puke all over myself. Good times!

Had a decent next mile and a half, almost two miles, until the frigid wind blowing in my face was just too much and I turned around to head home. The wind was blowing so hard that when I turned my head to spit, it never hit the ground. Just caught the breeze and flew. (good thing no one else was out running today)
Running uphill into the freezing wind was like trying to swim upstream in an icy river. It was the suck.

The bright sunny afternoon was deceiving. As Aaron so kindly pointed out, "the sun looks nice and happy at the Arctic Circle too. It doesn't mean it's warm out." Point taken.

So much for just going out and running for as far as I could in one direction.

But then to top it all off, for about the last two miles home I had to make a concentrated effort not to pee my pants. Have you ever tried to not pee your pants while running? Not easy. In attempt to make sure I don't put myself anywhere near dehydration, I made sure to drink enough before leaving. More than enough I guess.
Also, that's when the Braxton Hicks contractions kicked in. Nice. New record for me. I think the earliest I've had them kick in before was around 16 weeks. I'm only 14 weeks. That's fun.
Annoying cramping plus full bladder being squished by expanding on a daily basis uterus = uncomfortable. I ended up walking a heck of a lot more of the distance home than I wanted because my bladder just couldn't take it any more.

I think my body is trying to send me a message. Something along the lines of "Hello! You're pregnant for the millionth time!"

Any bets on how long I can ignore it?


Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's your sign?

Catey said...

ROFL! Thanks Lisa :)
It's just a temporary set back, it's just a temporary setback, it's just a temporary setback......

Tricia said...

Great job trying to get out there. :)

Did you sign up for my latest running skirt giveaway? They have adorable maternity skirts.

Malinda said...

Catey, I realized I spelled your name wrong when I sent congrats your way...so sorry. Anyway, my friend sent me this link to a free maternity top pattern that is way cute, so here you go.... http://megannielsen.com/2010/02/wrap-maternity-top.html

Catey said...

Tricia-of course I did! I need to tweet it and add it here too...

Malinda-no biggie! :) Half of my family still can't even spell my name! ha! THank you SO much for the pattern! I can't wait to try it! I tried to do one like that last pregnancy, but just eyed the one online I was trying to copy so it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped (had to wear a shirt under it, sleeves weren't all that comfortable), so I am super excited to do one with a pattern! Thank you!

Steel Springs said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad you were able to get out and run today, even if things didn't go as well as you'd hoped. It sounds like the weather was brutal.

Kelsey said...

time to throw in the towel dude. Anyway, I peed my pants when I coughed today....just to make you feel better :) I also tried to play soccer with Hal and can't walk tonight. LISTEN TO YOUR UTERUS

Catey said...

Oh heck no Kel! You're talking to the psycho who went hiking and played soccer the few days before the last baby popped out. Not quitting for at least another 20ish weeks..... ;)

Sarah. said...

We must be due about the same time b/c I'm also 14 weeks,except this is only #4.