Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just like riding a bike....

And now-I'm committed!
Look-it's kind of pretty! lol


(well that picture turned out really small)

My cute husband surprised me on Friday by brining my bike home a few weeks before I expected it! It was his happy "you're 3wks postpartum and can now start working out again" gift. : ) And really-who ever thought I'd be excited for that?
(Disclaimer-he was indulging me-I've been antsy to start working out again, he very politely begged me to wait long enough not to hurt myself)

I know you never really forget how to ride a bike, but after not riding one for, gosh, like 13 years?, it sure feels funny! Especially since last time I rode it was on a mountain bike with nice fat tires. Talk about a different feeling. I got to try it out a bit last night when he brought it home and then suited up for my first real ride this afternoon. I'm trying to start out slowly and not overdo things (so that I don't crash next week!), so today was just a nice leisurely 20 minute ride. It felt so good! My only regret was that I was alone and Aaron wasn't riding along with me. But hey-someone's got to watch the kids, right? : )

I'm actually excited about this whole triathlon idea (except the swimming part. still working on that), and I'm even more excited about actually feeling somewhat confident out on a bike again! especially with really thin tires! eek! But hey, as long as I'm not the only one in the neighborhood wearing spandex and clipped into pedals, it's ok! ha!

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

spandex is hot!

Catey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

(Catey's deleted post was me, I didn't know I was signed in as her...post does not make much sense if it is her writing this....)

Maybe you should explain that I have told you NOT to work out to give your body a rest.....I can just see the hate mail I will be getting....

..."You inconsiderate sucker, she just had a baby 3 weeks ago and now you are pushing her to get out there and work out.....WHAT A JERK!:...

thanks a lot, I love you too..

Catey said...

I added a disclaimer-is that better?

Aaron said...

Yes....thanks, now I look like the controlling jerk husband that tells you what you write on your blog.

Unknown said...

Aaron- You inconsiderate sucker, she just had a baby 3 weeks ago and now you are pushing her to get out there and work out.....WHAT A JERK! And stop controlling what she writes on her BLOG!

J/K...I KNOW Catey all too well for that! :)

Aaron said...

SEE!!!!

I told you it would happen.....thanks Lisa for pointing out my jerkness so pointedly.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the bike. Maybe you are starting or adding to the neighborhood trend and we can all be cruising around in spandex on bikes. Not sure which should come first, the bikes or the spandex.