Tuesday, August 5, 2008

11 Years

Talk about time flying! Today marks 11 years since the day we tied the knot. That means I've been married over 1/3 of my life! lol
For a rousing review of some of our past anniversaries, you can read Aaron's run down here. To celebrate this year, we're doing something a little different-making a commitment that to me is much more frightening than marriage ever was! ;) We're buying bikes. No, bikes aren't that scary, but the reason we're getting them is. Aaron is competing as part of a team in a triathlon in a couple of weeks (as you that live near know all too well!), and he's talked me into joining him in doing an entire triathlon next year. With the purchase of a bike-I'm committed, there's no backing out now. EEK! Honestly though, I'm looking forward to doing something for "us", and as a friend mentioned the other day, it's a great way to celebrate hitting 30 this year-one event for each decade. So, aside from bikes, and maybe a box of Lucky Charms ;), we're just celebrating this year by moving on......

And for the picture people (excuse the picture of a picture-we are old enough to be pre-digital days),
Then:
August 5th, 1997


And now (well, 9 months ago anyway!):


I was going to write a big memory of the day, and how things have been different than we expected over the past 11 years, but I've decided just to sum it up by saying that I wouldn't change anything. It's been amazing, and I look forward to many more years with my best friend.

Love you babe!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look great, both then and now. You are both a great example to us all. Thanks for moving in and sharing your family's growing up years with us.

Catey said...

I did bring her a bottle of Martinellis and a big box of Lucky Charms tonight, just for old times sake......



....BUT IT GOES TO 11!

Love you.

Shilo said...

Wow!
Time sure flies!
TFS...Its interesting to see Aaron with hair!

Kelsey said...

you were one of the most beautiful brides...and you too Catey :) he he
Thank you for making me wear the ugliest dress on the planet. I hope you enjoyed the Lucky Charms. Pick a night, drive up and we'll watch the gooers...even Charlotte if you want!

Aaron said...

Crap.....that post (and I quote)

"I did bring her a bottle of Martinellis and a big box of Lucky Charms tonight, just for old times sake......



....BUT IT GOES TO 11!

Love you."

Was actually mine....I was just signed in under Catey....dang, another post for her...sheesh.

....and the hits just keep on comin'

Ashley said...

Congrats you two!
11 years - gosh you guys are OLD!!!

Mindy said...

Wow, 11 years, CONGRATS! That sounds like such a long time, it seems weird that I remember when you got married. We came to your condo (some of us in Young Women's), I think to bring shower or wedding presents over?? I remember thinking how cool it was to have a place of your own! I love the anniversary stories on Aaron's blog. Hey, money never did create happiness! I always say that, "Money doesn't make a person happy....it helps make life easier and I wouldn't mind having more of it, but it won't make you happy!"

Mindy said...

I'm leaving another comment because I just read Kelsey's comment. I WANT A SISTER LIKE KELSEY!! I have 2 kids and my siblings disappear VERY quickly when we mention having them babysit! They want them to visit, with parents around for parenting, but they don't want to babysit. Thank goodness for grandparents, we'd never get away for an evening without my parents!

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Look! Aaron had hair! LOL! He was just as handsome then as he is now and you, my friend have not aged one bit!

~LL~ said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!!! Matt and I just celebrated 10 this year! Time certainly flies, doesn't it? I was looking at the photos and I couldn't believe that I think we might have worn the same dress and the same necklace. CRAZY! It made me chuckle......but we can't help it if we had good taste right. I think the hair-do might be quite similar as well....lol