Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy First Birthday Little Miss Charlotte!


I can't believe my baby is one!

This year has gone so fast-it always seems to, but I swear it goes faster with every kid. It just kills me.
Nothing too fancy or exciting, just simple and fun, with lots of under the chin tickling from Pompa.
Not to be left out, I caught the kids with a roll of foil on Friday night, they were wrapping up some of her favorite toys to give her for her birthday. Ok! I'm so bummed I don't have pictures.

We had her party on Sunday, a small simple affair, large in any way only because of the astronomical number of children we have. It was only our family, my parents, my sister, her husband and my neice, as well as Aaron's brother. Oh, our friend Greg joined us as well since his family is out of town and he's been home all alone for too long. It was fun to have him there, and he was a great sport with Dallin's idea for party games.
Thanks Greg!

After dinner we did cake, which apparently took too long for her liking.

Charlotte wasn't quite sure what to think about the whole candle thing, but of course Lincoln was willing to take care of that for her.

In the tradition of the first birthday smash, she got her own cake.
But there wasn't much smash going on since I had put it in the fridge and, well, it was a tad firm.
Whoops.

That's ok, she improvised!
That's my girl!





After a quick bath in the kitchen sink
And pulling cake out of her nose
and it was time for presents.

Malia made this cute frame for her (and has asked me 57 times today if I've printed a picture of her and Charlotte to fill it yet).
Beebs and Pomps gave Charlotte her first doll and stroller-a huge hit.

Daniel brought treats for everyone-yay treats!

But I have to say my favorite was the shoes. OH the shoes! My sister, bro-in-law and niece gave Charlotte these shoes:
Have you ever seen anything cuter? And right on cue, Charli got into the shoes.

Like I said, that's my girl!

And now my super cute Charlotte is a toddling little one year old with super cute shoes.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Charlotte!

My kids (and myself) love it when Dan brings treats to birthdays too.

Kaitlyn is sitting by me and was saying Baby! Shoes! Baby! Shoes! She loves shoes too.

Kelsey said...

Hmmmm....I feel like I wasn't even there...wonder why :(
I love a girl that appreciates shoes! I'm glad she likes them. Must be genetic or something!

Heidi said...

I love the shoes!! They are so cute!

Unknown said...

I love that picture of her when she spies the cake ... LOVE IT!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BABY!
(where did THAT year go?)

LOVE the shoes too; what kind are they?

Shilo said...

Awesome!!!
Happy birthday Charlotte.
And I am in complete agreement that that whole year went by way too quickly!

Cindi said...

Wow! She's grown up so fast. Happy birthday, Charlotte.