Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And there goes another month....

How is it possible that my baby girl will be a year old in just a little over 2 short weeks?

Last year at this time I looked like this:

I was 37 weeks pregnant.
I had just (finally) moved the little boys downstairs and was trying to finish putting together a nursery.

I was thinking, "Dang. Yesterday would have been a fun day to have this baby, #7 born on 7/7."

Then since I obviously didn't have the baby on the 7th, I set my sites for 7/11. Just because Slurpees make me nostalgic like that. We could have nicknamed her Slurpee. Or with the way she ate, Big Gulp would have worked too.

But alas, that also was not to be. Which is ok now as her actual birthday (7/25) is coming screaming down the chute way too quickly anyway.

Now we look forward to celebrating her first year. Or rather, our survival of her first year. Let's face it, we all know that the first birthday parties are really for the parents.


So how have we celebrated the last few monthly milestones?

Photobucket

At 10 months we celebrated by moving up from size 2 to size 3 diapers. Yay! It was exciting to hit the 17lb mark as well. She almost made it to a size 2 shoe also. How nice to have petite little feet. I have no idea where she gets that from.

Photobucket

At 11 months we celebrated by starting the weaning process, and watching those first steps. Though she picked up the whole standing up by herself and taking steps thing shortly after 10 months, it has taken her this long to get more comfortable with it. A big change from our other very headstrong children who spent a day or two walking and then graduated straight to running. Yesterday we hit 13 consecutive steps. Followed by applause for herself when she decided she was done.

Maybe we'll celebrate that big 12month milestone by making the 18 pound mark. And putting away the rest of the 6-9 month clothes that she has almost outgrown.

But then again,
8/11

what's the rush.....


2 comments:

Aaron said...

You know starting a post with a belly pic is only going to make people talk.....sheesh woman.

Kelsey said...

I love that gooer. She is a lovebug and I cannot wait for her par-tay! A Hawaiian Luau polka dot giant cupcake theme :) he he