Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dr Seuss

Dr Seuss's birthday is coming up.
Last year I declared it a holiday at our house.  Who doesn't like an extra holiday?  And the fact that it revolves around the crazy fun that is Dr Seuss makes it even better.  All those fun books to pull from, how could it not be fun?
So I give you last year's Dr Seuss party.
In Seuss Style of course.


Dr Seuss is really great 
last year we did celebrate
(of course I’m sharing this post late
sometimes I procrastinate)

Sometimes I am the mom that flops
I want to be the mom that’s tops!
So a birthday party we did throw
Even though the honoree couldn’t go


To set the stage was fun to do, 
complete with hats 


and some blue goo


One fish Two fish, but no blue fish
Still kids snacked real quick right through this dish


Our new fish did not tell us to stop with our games
Which is nice 'cause that would have been kind of lame.
Our new fish was actually quite a fun thing
If you look close you’ll see, our new fish can sing!



So to the games we’ll now get back. 
First I made a quick trick chick stack



Kids they made a quick trick block stack



Green eggs and ham, 
oh allright I’m fakin’
It wasn’t ham, 
we just had bacon


Dad did not eat them in a box

Dad ate his next to mom the fox



And though we have no Yink (I think)
We still all had a pink ink drink.


That Sam I Am That Sam I am
Oh how I love that Sam I am


He did not eat green eggs and ham

He only got mashed baby yams


After eating there’s just one thing to do
Dessert.  With Things number 1 and 2.



But little hands need little things
so tiny versions I did bring.


The cat in the hat striped stack of ice cream?
That didn’t work out so well it seems.





And what made this party just right, don’t you know?
Dad being home to read to kids, Oh the Places You’ll Go!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Rheanna said...

LOVE IT!!!! So creative!

Jeff J. Snider said...

It's a holiday at our house, too. We call it "Logan's birthday." :-)

Niki said...

So fun!!!!!

a runner said...

"next to mom the fox"...the best part of the whole rhyme ;-)

You are the mom that's tops, Catey!

Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

I love the quick trick chick stack! Very creative!

I would love if you would come and share a link to this post on my blog, Happy Birthday Author. I have a linky that is collecting ideas to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday.

http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

Laurie said...

Yep, you are the coolest mom ever.