Friday, February 3, 2012

A whole lot

I've written a lot of posts recently.  A whole lot.  I'm not sure what a "whole lot" is or how it is different from just a "lot".
And no, I'm not losing it.  You just won't find them here.
I've done a ridiculous amount of blog posting in my head.  Because it's safer that way.  And life is clipping along quickly enough to not leave as much time to sit down here at the computer.  That's a good thing.  So I blog to myself while I go about my day.  I blog while I run.  I blog while I'm driving.  Sometimes I blog while I'm having a conversation with someone.  Those are awesome ones.  Some things I'd love to share, some things it's better not to.  I firmly believe in the theory of "it's my blog I can say whatever I want!", but I also have enough sense to know that when I'm pregnant I am willing to speak very freely on anything and everything.  Do not ask me for an honest opinion while I am with child unless you really really really want to hear what I genuinely think.  Very few people really do want to hear it.  Odds are you aren't one of them.

It's frustrating when you have a million things to say but just can't say most of them out loud.  I've bitten my tongue to bleeding in a number of recent conversations.  Thank goodness for being married to my best friend to whom I can say all of these things.  Also I talk to myself sometimes.  I know I'm not the only one who thinks out loud occasionally!  Or maybe I am losing it.

Today I woke up incredibly irritable.  I'm sure that's shocking if you've read the last two paragraphs.   I'm pregnant, it happens.  If you've been pregnant you understand.
I decided to make the kids waffles for breakfast, hoping that would break me out of the funk.  Nope.
Tried to help a friend, hoping it would help me out of the funk.  Nope.
Ate junk, hoping it would help.  Nope.
Didn't kill my dog that is driving me crazy.  That didn't make me feel better either, but I should get points for restraint.
Cleaned my room, my bathroom, my littlest kidlets' bedroom, did laundry and dishes....zip, zilch, nada.
At least I've mastered the fake it till you make it idea.

Ah, the January funk.

Thankfully the sun is shining and the sky is blue, even if it is cold outside.  I get some time with Aaron this afternoon.  If somehow that still doesn't do it we'll make a stop so we can view something that has become an inside joke and laugh like immature children.  That's sure to do it.

And if all else fails, I'll resort to the thing I'd like to say to dozens of people right now, but have enough restraint that instead I'll just smile and nod.
Suck it up Buttercup!
Because when it comes down to it, I'm the one in charge of my attitude.  I'm the one who choose to be miserable or be grateful.  And there is really way too much to be grateful for, so wallowing would only be a waste of time!

Get out there and enjoy your Friday.  I've decided to go enjoy mine!
Photobucket

5 comments:

~LL~ said...

I am laughing....not at you, but WITH you.

I have COUNTLESS blogs, just itchin' to be posted. I write some of my best blogs while curling my hair. LOL!

Also, a friend of mine once advised that I set up a private blog, for just such an occasion. I set it up.... it works.... anytime you want to "guest write" on that one, let me know. ;-)

And, yes, I'm the same way when preggers...I speak my mind to the point of scaring people. Sadly, I never learned your restraint!

FINALLY, you need to cook something besides waffles to alter the mood....cookies.... now THAT usually puts a smile on MY face. ;-)

LOVE YOU!

XLMIC said...

Honestly, I always want to know what you REALLY think :) Hope you and Aaron have some good laughs!

Becky Jones said...

Speak your mind, I wish more people were straight forward and honest. I think a lot of us have a funk and get irritated more easily in the winter months. I know I have and I'm not pregnant! You're awesome! I hope you had a great time with your hubby!

Ashley said...

I know what finally got you out of your funk...all it took was a little trip to McD's ;)
There is a workout shirt that says, "SUCK IT UP" that I should get for you.
LOVED chattin' with you guys for a few last night! :)

Kelsey said...

ahhh angry elf syndrome! What are you so mad about Ross?