Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tag Times Two

It's been a while since I obliged and played the tag game.
So I'm jumping back in.

I got double tagged on this one.
Once from a blogger who I recently happened upon when I caught her user name in a comment on a running blog that I read.  6Pack Mama most certainly meant she has a heard of children too, and she does!  I love reading about other runner moms, and the big family part is a bonus connection.
The other tag comes from Mel, one of the sweetest cutest bloggers there is out there.  Also a running mom, I've been inspired by Mel's awesome running and amazing attitude for a couple of years.  And we wear the same size shoe.  Which makes more sense for her since she's six feet tall.  For me it just looks like I run on water skis because I'm so short.

This round is the tag of 11's.
The deal is that I have to
1. Post the rules
2. Share 11 random things about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions from the post in which I was tagged
4. Create 11 new questions for my tagees to answer
5. Tag 11 people-legitly

First up, 11 random things about me.
1. I like Zingers.  But only the yellow ones.
2. I hate seafood.
3. I have ridges in my fingernails, but only on my left hand.  Well, slight ridges on my right thumbnail too, but just barely.  I have wondered why for years, no dr has been able to tell me.  Turns out it's from psoriasis.  Better than from arsenic poisoning which can also cause that.
4. My first choice of reading genres is juvenile fiction.  I love books written for kids.  So much more fun.
5. I have a killer unibrow.  Like Frida had nothing on me.  Not kidding.
6. I still haven't found my keys.  They've been missing for almost two months now.
7.  Blueberries taste funny when I'm pregnant.  I don't love them plain ever, but when I'm pregnant they taste metallic.  Can't eat blueberry muffins, they totally ruin a smoothie for me...but when not pregnant, no problem.
8. Speaking of pregnant, as of this week I've spent 337 weeks of my life pregnant.  That's roughly 6 1/2yrs.
9. I can't handle the smell of cigarette smoke.  I can smell it from miles away.  Makes me so ill.  Have you seen America's Sweethearts?  We have this running joke in our house from one of the lines in it "Kiki?  Kiki-kins?  Who's smoking?  I smell smoke.  Is someone smoking within a six mile radius of where I'm standing?"  At least over the years I've learned to control what used to be involuntary choking and hacking when I was around smoke.  Go me! 
10. My clothes in my closet hang by color.  From black on one end to white on the other.
11. I have my first ultra planned.  Though it won't happen till at least 2013, I know what I want to do!

Questions from 6packmama:
1.  If you could change your name to something different, even just for fun, what would it be?     I honestly have NO idea!  But when I was in Jr High and I would meet random people I sometimes told them than my name was Lemmegn.  Pronounced "lemon", but it had to have a different spelling to make it believable.  It worked.
2.  What is the 1 household chore you could go without ever doing again?     Ironing.
3.  Tell me about your first car. (This can be the first car you drove or owned)
     I first drove a Chevy Astro van.  My first car was a baby blue '89 Toyota Camry.  It had electrical issues and battery connection issues and I learned all sorts of little tricks to make it start when it was being stubborn.  It was great.  The transmission blew when I was 8 months pregnant with #1.  I was on the freeway, thankfully close enough to my parents house that I was able to will it to the immediate exit and coast downhill to their house.
4.  Where did you grown up?
     Though there are plenty of people who would argue whether or not I've actually grown up, I was born and raised in Salt Lake City.  Actually a little tiny bit southeast of the actual city limits, right at the foothills of Millcreek Canyon.  Loved it!
5.  Do/did you have a nickname?  Tell me about it.
     Catey is my nickname, my real name is Catherine.  There have been a few other random ones through the years, the most notable being Spot.  I've had ridiculous skin issues for way too long!
6.  How long have you been blogging?  What made you start?
      Five years and a tad.  I think I just wanted a place to dump my thoughts.  And to record the craziness     of  life and everything with the kids because I stink at keeping a journal.
7.  If money were no object where would you go on vacation?
    Somewhere tropical.  First place that comes to mind is Tahiti.  But as long as it was warm and there was a beach, I'm not picky!
8.  College....did you go?   what did you study? anywhere you wanted to go, but didn't?
    I attended LDS Business College, majoring in Interior Design.
9.  tell me something shocking that most people don't about you.
      I must just be a really boring person because I can't come up with anything!  And neither can my husband.  Hmmm...there may be something to share in a few weeks but it's not a for sure so I can't yet...
10.  exercise....love? hate?  love to hate?
       LOVE!!  Love the feeling of a good hard workout.  I don't always necessarily want to do it, but always love it by the time I'm done.
11.  You have 24 hours to literally run....walk....get as far as you can with only your two feet.  How far would you get?
       Goodness...right now?  Not all that far unfortunately.  Probably not more than 30 or maybe 40 miles?  I ran 10 comfortably last Saturday, so I know I could run at least that far, and a few more if I needed to or after a nice walk break I could get some good running in, but I think my body would eventually start screaming at me to remember that I'm pregnant and not getting any younger!  6 months ago....I felt like I could have run forever so it would have been a lot further than that!

Questions from Mel:

What is your favorite season for running and why?  Depends on what day it is.  I don't love the cold, so not winter (although an occasional snowy run is fun!), but there are things about each of the other seasons that make them my favorite.  I love the smell of the air in Spring, the more moderate temperatures, and seeing the green peek up through the desert.   I love crisp Summer mornings, warm summer evenings, and more than anything, the longer daylight hours that allow a little more room to squeeze a run in!  I love the smell of the air in the Fall too, and though I love the heat of Summer, by the time Fall rolls around I love the relief of the cooler temps.  And now that there are actually trees of decent size in my city, I love running through crunching leaves.
If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
This one changes depending on what's going on in life at the time, so my answer is always different, but right now if I were to choose a dead famous person I would pick Emma Smith, and living famous person, ok people I would pick Dimity and SBS, the Run Like a Mother ladies.  I adore them!
What is your mantra, favorite quote, and/or words you live by?
Oh goodness...I have so many favorites!  Currently the most applicable though would be "Fake it till you make it" and "Charity never faileth".  Although "Suck it up Buttercup" is a darn close runner up!
If you could have ANY ONE ITEM for free, what would it be? 
Um...my house?  If we're talking something I don't already have, maybe a new car?
How did your parents come up with your name?  No clue!  I'll have to ask.  But there are a number of ancestors with my same name in various places along the family line. 
Do you collect anything? If so, what?  Um...do children count?
How did you meet your significant other?
Long story very very short, we actually met each other at work.  Though our paths had crossed many many times previously, including earlier in the day on the day we actually met.  One day I'll tell that story. 
If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?  Like above, somewhere tropical!  I am a sun baby and crave the beach!
What is your favorite fruit and vegetable?  So hard to pick just one!  Right now I would have to say strawberries or pineapple, and....goodness...broccoli?  I love zucchini too, oh!  and bell peppers. :)
What is your favorite color?  White
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of me (Tall Mom)?
Aside from the cute (constant) smile and seriously encouraging and upbeat attitude, when I think of Mel I think of winning a contest on the TallMom blog a little less than two years ago when I was pregnant with Sam and in the thick of continual bad news and heavy diagnoses.  The prize package she sent included a cute little book called The Meaning of Life-just one of those cute little Hallmark kind of books with happy thoughts and words of wisdom.  A few of the lines were really what I needed to hear on the day that package arrived.  It still sits on my nightstand.  Between that and the sweet note that came with it, my day was completely brightened, my spirits lifted.  


And now to commence the tagging!  I'm snagging a few regulars, and branching out to a few we haven't heard from in a while. 
Laurie  (my pregnant running hero)
Dede
 Dawn (are you still blogging woman?)
and Kelsey (because you haven't blogged in an eternity)

And the questions
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Are you OCD about anything?  If so, what?
- Celebrity Crush?
- What was the best vacation you've ever taken?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- Biggest Fear?
- What was the last thing you ate?
-  You have 24 hours to do whatever you want.  What do you do?
- What is your favorite blog to read? 
- Greatest accomplishment last year?  Biggest goal this year?


Photobucket

6 comments:

XLMIC said...

Do you peel the frosting off the Zingers and then scoop out the cream in the middle before you eat the cake part?

So fun to learn more about you :)

BTW...Tahiti IS awesome.

6 Pack Momma said...

Wonderful to read more about you!!!! Yay!!

Kelsey said...

Zingers! I am DYING, Skipster. Frida has NOTHING on you, Aaron or any of the gooers. Lincoln will give you your keys back in 3 years (actually, I bet they are in the landfill.)
Calling you to find out what you maybe can tell us in awhile. "calling Cat-E cell"
Maybe you should tell your readers of the love affair you once had eating ketchup sandwiches. hahahahahah
Out Damn Spot

justdawn said...

http://justdawn.typepad.com/justdawn/

Thanks for the kick in the pants;)

~LL~ said...

YEA! I'm slow, but I'm there.... I was reading this, thinking, "I hope she tags me!" OK..... getting on it. Sorry I'm late!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

and now you made my day.. HUGS!!

And wow that is a LONG time to be prego :)