Monday, February 20, 2012

Countdown is on

There are a few countdowns going on at our house right now.

The most prominent is the countdown till this quarter of school for Aaron is over.  (4 1/2wks)

And while we haven't quite really started paying much attention to the days till the other countdowns are done, it was pointed out to me recently that I had a little over 100 days till this baby is due.

So stealing an idea from someone due just a few days before me, I put together countdown jars for my kids.


The deserve a daily reminder that mom being crazy truly won't last forever.
(and we'll just keep that little postpartum phase a secret as long as possible)

The double fun here is that I am due the day before school gets out, so it's also a countdown every day until summer vacation.  Double yay!

Every kid got to pick a small candy, and every night they get one.  Everyone was pleased with their choice until they saw how much the Whoppers filled up Dallin and Lincoln's little jars next to the sparse look of the M&Ms, Skittles and Sixlets, at which point they wanted to swap.  Can't ever please everyone!

I'm not counting down yet, it already feels like this pregnancy is flying by way too quickly.  This one has been an interesting experience after the last time around.  I am so grateful that all is well with me and with baby (though the drs are still watching very closely, just to be sure that they aren't missing anything).  It's unreal to think that it was at this point last time-26 weeks-that we discussed delivery and put a basic plan into place so that we were as prepared as possible should the need to deliver have presented itself at any moment.  Goodness...what a very sobering thought.  I'm completely fine with this one staying tucked in there for another 13 or 14 weeks.  But let's be honest, I'd prefer it not be more than that!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Becky Jones said...

What a cute idea on the count down jars. I have a little candy-a-holic that I fear would eat her whole container in one sitting. :-)
BTW your sweet word on my blog brought me to tears. You are so kind. Thanks for making my day!