Saturday, June 4, 2011

PR!

There are pictures, and (since it's me) a lotta words, but for now...

This morning's 5k rocked!!
I smashed my previous 5k PR by 4 minutes.

Three of my kids ran as well, the girls setting new PRs, and Taylor checking off his first 5k.  It was great.

I had worried about actually saying "I want to hit a 25min 5k" out loud, for fear of not pulling it off.  I'm so glad I did say it, the accountability helped me, and so did a couple of friends who kept me on track-one giving me a great lead to chase, the other running with me for a bit to keep me on track towards the end.

 In the end?

23:46

Thrilled!!!


Photobucket

7 comments:

XLMIC said...

You OBLITERATED it!

Awesome, awesome job :)

Laurie said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait for the pictures and more words. :)

Rheanna said...

Awesome! Good for you!

Kelsey said...

you guys are nuts

~LL~ said...

Good job!

Unknown said...

Total awesomeness!

Handsfullmom said...

Congrats! What an achievement.