Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The drawback of the grandparent excitement

My younger half was going to hang out with the grandparents yesterday while I took Sam to his neuro appointment.  My parents only live about 45 minutes away and we see them a few times a month, but the excitement at the prospect of going to Bebe and Pompa's house (also referred to as Beebs and Pomps when we are feeling too lazy to use two syllable names) is beyond exciting.

They spent all of Sunday evening looking forward to it and planning what to do while there.

And then Monday morning rolled around.  My alarm went off at 4:45am (yes really), because I had a 5:15 workout scheduled.  I was lazing in bed for a few minutes before I had to suck it up and get going.

As I laid there, I saw my bedroom door open.
"Mom?"
"What the?!  Why in the world are you awake?  It's 4 something in the morning?"
"Is it time to go yet?"
"Huh?"
"To see Beebs and Pomps!  Is it time to go?"
"No.  PLEASE go get back in bed."

The 6 year old retreated.  But not too far.
As I was headed out the door shortly after 5, I bumped into said 6yr old, who was now accompanied by his 4yr old sidekick.  They were putting their socks and shoes at the front door so that they'd be ready to go.  Both were already dressed as well.

They had a long wait till 8:30 when it was actually time to go.

So other than a long wait, what's the drawback to that early rising excitement?



You sleep through dinner.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a sweet picture! Nothing beats a day at the grandparents, my kids probably would've started getting dressed the night before. :)

~LL~ said...

HAHA! love it!

I remember one day, I was in 5th grade.... going to walk to a local pharmacy with my BF for lunch. You had to have a note from your folks saying you could walk the 2-3 blocks from the school to the drug store. Well, I went to bed.... fell asleep... woke up refreshed and ready. Had my bed made and was getting dressed when my dad came in to ask what I was doing. I told him that I was getting ready for school. He informed me that it was barely 10:30 p.m.

UGH! The disappointment of have to wait another 13 hours before I could eat!!!

XLMIC said...

LOL!!! totally cracking me up! LOVE that picture. Sounds so much like my kids :)

Utah Mom said...

So cute. That is seriously early though. Ugh. Grandparents are the best. Every time we get in the car, Mary thinks we are going to see "Mamau".