Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tag

Look at me playing along!  Go me!

Slower than cold tar on a January morning, but playing along none the less.
Thanks to Large Marge over at Taking It On, you get even more bloggy goodness from me today!
You lucky people you!

1- What are you most fond of accomplishing in 2010?
Truthfully?  Not having complete mental/emotional breakdown.  There were some pretty rough moments  in a few months of this year.  I was reading over my pregnancy journaling the other night and was reminded of the night about a week before Sam was born (when we didn't know how extensive his problems and care needs would be).  That whole day was just awful, the kids were disobedient, the house was an incredible mess...just about everything was going wrong.  And then I was trying to be all optimistic and put boy bedding on the crib when the crib broke.  That night I sobbed on my husband in a big way constantly repeating "I can't do this!  I can't do this!  8 kids, one who may need care 24hrs a day, you in school and working, what am I going to do?  How am I going to make it through a single day?  I can't do this!" It was not pretty.  He just held me and let me cry.  Poor guy.

On a happier note, I really am thrilled that I was able to run throughout most of my pregnancy and that even on the days I was sick (till 6 months), I was tired and I was awkwardly waddling along, I still sucked it up and got out there and tried.
Also that I started running again at 3wks post baby, and that I was able to eek out a half marathon this year, and before baby was 3 months old at that!  (paying for it now....but that's beside the point) 
 Oh,  and not my accomplishment, but I am super excited that my sweet husband figured out what he wants to be when he grows up and that he is in school working towards that.  1 more quarter till he's halfway done!  yay!  


2- What are your running goals for 2011?
Currently-to actually be able to run again.  for more than a mile and a half.
Sad.  (curse you knee!)
Already signed up for my first 2011 Tri, so I'm gunning to run that leg faster than I did last time I did this event, especially since my baby will be the same age as my last baby was last time I did this Tri.
Run 1000 miles.
Run my first marathon.
New PRs all the way around (5K, 10K and 1/2).
Anybody laughing at me yet?

3- What is your favorite race?
This year it was the Love Your Body 10K-running with a friend, beautiful course, perfect weather....the only thing that could have made it better is if I didn't have the stomach flu.
Overall probably the Provo Halloween Half Marathon.  Tons of fun, gorgeous course.  Couldn't make it work this year with as long as I would have been away from baby, but definitely looking forward to that one next year!

4- What is your favorite Holiday guilty pleasure?
Food.
Lots and lots of food.  Chased by more food and topped off with food.
Eating rules go out the window.  Does this surprise anyone?

5-What is your most embarrassing running moment?
I thought I was going to have a new one after that stomach flu 10K, but I seriously lucked out.
Really I've lucked out all around, nothing too bad has happened here.  I'm sure people who saw me were embarrassed for me during plenty of my pregnant runs this year-the early ones where I would gag and heave as I ran, or the later ones where I waddled as I ran.
I guess the only one that applies, and it was more funny than embarrassing, is when I was singing along to my music-quite loudly-thinking I was alone out on the trail in the middle of nowhere.  Turns out I wasn't alone.  The guy in the orange jacket got a serenade.  Hope he enjoyed it.

I'm tagging some local running peeps, MaryAnne, and Trish, and tagging Laurie too (I know you got tagged recently, but I think it was a different one...)  Any of you others that want to jump in and share, go for it!
You're it!


Photobucket

2 comments:

XLMIC said...

Yay! Thanks so much for playing! I love finding out more about people. I'd say you did tremendously in 2010! And I am absolutely not laughing at your goals. And I think your embarrassing moment is hilarious! I've done that before... and I sing way off-key.

Laurie said...

I think your goals are great as are your accomplishments. Thanks for the tag. I hope to play along soon.