Sunday, October 3, 2010

No turning back-the finished product

The bathroom used to be just kind of washed out with all the beige.  Even when I finally added some color this past spring (when the entire world seemed to be collapsing and I needed to surround myself with bright things).  See:


Even the bright got washed out with it all.  Blah.
Feeling the need for change again, I finally talked Aaron into it and bought the paint.
That big smear of black paint on the bathroom cabinet became this:

Ta-da!  Much better.
Loving it!  
Though Aaron had agreed to go ahead with this, I could tell he wasn't thrilled about the idea.  I worried that he wouldn't like the end product, but he really does!  He even mentioned the possibility of doing it in our bathroom as well.  I just may take him up on that.

Proof that our main bathroom does actually get clean.  Except that darn streak on the mirror.
I believe it lasted roughly 23 1/2 minutes.   (The clean bathroom, not the streak on the mirror.  The streak is probably still there)


Photobucket

12 comments:

Kelsey said...

It looks so good. I meant to tell you that. I was too busy trying to bust/bribe your kids :)

Melissa said...

Love it! What finish of paint is that? Semi-gloss?

Catey said...

Yep, juts semi. ans I was shocked at how little paint it took! I bought a whole gallon and barely made a dent.

Utah Mom said...

Wow! That looks great.

Celeste said...

You know, I never would have gone with black but I really like it. Our new house it ALL beige...EVERYTHING!!! As soon as I finish unpacking and then organizing, I plan on adding some color. So, at my current pace, it should be done by... next year this time! ;)

~LL~ said...

It's scary going dark or bright colors sometimes, huh? My bedroom is brick red... my dining room is ... well.... red doesn't cover it. It is brown with highly red undertones..... very dark. Our next project is painting my kitchen cabinets navy blue!

You have inspired me to put up pictures.... if we ever get it done. :)

~LL~ said...

Oh.... meant to say that I think it looks really good!!!!! Come out to Dallas. I'll babysit and you paint. :)

XLMIC said...

The black really makes the accent colors pop! It looks great!

Niki said...

Very cute! Great job!

Ashley said...

Love the black!

Unknown said...

I want to do this to my kitchen cabinets but I'm too afraid. Did you sand it all first or just paint over the top?

Catey said...

I just painted it. I really probably should have at least primed it first, but oh well! :) If I were doing the kitchen I would definitely be more thorough...I've made the mistake of painting kitchen cabinets before without being thorough and it definitely makes a difference!