Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Burning up my 15 minutes

The last year or so has been quite the whirlwind for someone who spent a lot of years as a wallflower.

Thank goodness for meeting my wonderful man who helped me break out of my shell and find a lot more fun in life, huh?

The last year has been an absolute blast, but let's be honest, I figured the whole Hapari thing was my 15 minutes of fame and I was totally good with that.  I've had a blast with them, and continuing to do the local spots has been such a treat.

But when opportunity presented itself last week to do a piece on running during pregnancy I have to admit I jumped on it and really hoped it would work!

I was contacted by a running coach who got my name through the fabulous SBS and Dimity of AnotherMotherRunner.com, authors of two of my favorite running books-Run Like a Mother and Train Like a Mother.  (and the source of the speed bump shirt!)

I was actually approached about doing a couple of tv spots after the Hapari thing, but they fell through so I wasn't sure how this one would work out, especially since there's kind of a time limit to my pregnant running at this point.
Things came together amazingly fast and within 24hrs they had a crew scheduled to be here Monday morning!
So I spent the weekend with my fingers (and legs) crossed, having gone from "let's get this baby out now" to "please stay in for a few more days!'.

 
It's definitely a more fun way than normal to spend a Monday...hanging with a film crew and running.
Though running with a cameraman hanging out a van and tracking alongside you is just a tad bit different.

I'm sure Nicole would appreciate this picture of her.  I wasn't expecting her to stand up when I snapped this of them setting up.  And didn't take another.  Oh well.  Sorry Nicole!

I do have to admit that both Aaron and I were kind of hoping that at some point during the running yesterday my water would break.
No such luck.

All the people who think running will make a baby fall out take note:  My baby has not fallen out.  If you know a way to get that to happen, please let me know.

We had a great time, everyone was a ton of fun to work with.  The kids were excited to get out of school early for the opportunity to be on TV, though my overachiever girls did complain about missing "so much" school on Monday.  Whose kids are these again??

Aaron got the pleasure of makeup.


He says it was weird, this face convinces me he enjoyed it.


Maybe he was reminiscing about the Jack Sparrow Days...

One of the highlights of the day was meeting the adorable Janae-the one and only Hungry Runner Girl.


 And seriously-she's even cuter and happier in real life than on her blog.  I know, I thought it was impossible too.  I had been asked if there were any other of my friends who were running pregnant so they could get some footage of us running together, but all of them that I know are out of state so that kind of quashed that.  Till I pulled the 'hit up a stranger because you read her blog' card and tracked down Janae.  Thankfully she and her super nice husband are now completely used to the fact that people they've never met know all about them and were cool making time to be a part of the shoot in the afternoon.

We got to run together for a bit in the 90 degree afternoon, and they interviewed them a bit about her pregnancy and running.  Super cute people, and I have no doubt that when their baby pops out in a few months that she will come out all smiles and ready for a PR rep.

Hopefully I'll get a head's up as to when it will all air, it will be fun to see it!  I'm anxious to see how it turns out and what footage they use.  It's always amazing to me how many hours of filming goes into a few minutes of air time.

And just to get it out of the way, they asked for pictures of previous pregnancies when I didn't work out all the way through them, gained more weight, was more uncomfortable...all that not so fun pregnancy stuff.  I'm still a little embarrassed that I gave them one of the pictures.  Pregnancy number 4 was brutal.  And it shows.
So just to go ahead and pre-empt the coming moment of shame from 9 years ago...

ACK!
Wow.  Seriously.  I've posted some bad pictures before, but this one....ouch.
Good news, the sweater makes me look bigger than I was.  I was big but not THAT big.  Bad news, I was still like two months away from delivery here.  Ohmygoodness.

God bless running during pregnancy and the fact that it has played a role in me NOT looking like this again.  Oy.

Also I am now more pregnant than I have been with 6 of my 8 kids.  Two more days and she has everyone but Malia beat, as Malia was 4 days late.  So baby can come out now.  Like NOW now.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Rheanna said...

Love it! Looks like you had a blast :o)

XLMIC said...

Yep, Janae is the real deal :) Sort of jealous that she got to meet you :) This is so cool, Catey! I am not saying this to be mean, but I think it would be sort of fun if this babe were the record-breaker :) hope she's here soon for you!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

SERIOUSLY!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for this opportunity. I absolutely loved hanging out with you. Wait..running won't put me in labor later on...I thought for sure it would:) Have an amazing day and keep me updated!

Kelsey said...

so excited to see the story! I love that you think you used to be "big", it's comical actually! Please bless baby girl stays in 'til Friday :) SORRY...MAKE IT HAPPEN

Cindi said...

You're awesome. I look forward to watching the clip.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki said...

So amazing...and just so you know, Janae is my little sister (her older sister is my bff and I used to do her hair everyday before school) Small world! You go girl! And I am just letting you know...I am still waiting for you guys to call me for a photo shoot! I love you guys and would love to do another family photo session...with all 11 of you! :)

Laurie said...

Very, very cool. Can't wait to hear your baby news. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah! So excited to find you! I saw your comment on nycrunningmama's blog and had to click right on over! It came up as a co.uk blog address, but you mentioned "out of state" Janea in this post, so I'm assuming you're in the US, and for some reason since I'm in the UK it linked me through that -- ANYWAY congratulations on your new little one - I know how you feel about wanting the baby to come out already! I'm 35 weeks just about, with baby number 6, and still running! Although I missed a run this week due to scouring London for 5-6 miles on Tuesday in one last sightseeing shebang (we are currently living here with the US military but leave shortly after my due date)Should still be able to get in a few runs this week, though. I just wanted to tell you hello and how excited I was to find your blog - I JUST NOW (10 days ago maybe?) started my own because I couldn't find any other mother-of-many pregnant runners out there :) I, too, didn't start running til later -- after my fourth was 1 year old and I miscarried at around 16 weeks with a baby. I wasn't getting pregnant again any time soon since my husband was on deployment, so I started running and fell in love with it as well :) I definitely think there's an added dimension to it since ther are so many munchkins around the house all day (we home school) - so getting that time to myself to run and jam to some music while doing so - it's priceless! Anyway, hope you are the new one are doing well!!