Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things I was reminded of last week

I feel incomplete without a blank notebook/notepad within easy access.
And completely naked without a pen close at hand.

I absolutely adore feeling and watching a baby move inside me.

I feel much better about my day when my bed is made.

I really am a sucker for a good beat.  Speakers *must* have enough bass.

Strong quads are a blessing in many ways.

Even when you know something is sized inaccurately, seeing a smaller number on a tag of a pair of pants that fit is fun.

There is something immensely satisfying about a good workout.

Spending time with someone you admire makes you want to be a better person.

I love distance running.  I miss long runs.

Miracles happen.

Things that normally wouldn't phase me at all sometimes bother me a lot more than I expect when I'm pregnant.  (hormones anyone?)

Despite hormone wackiness, I love being pregnant.

When you need cheering up, nothing quite does it like serving someone else.

Being married to your best friend is a blessing beyond words.

When you think you are having a frustrating day, call and check in on your friends, see how they are doing.  Someone else is going through something that will remind you that your day isn't so bad.   They could use a listening ear and an encouraging word.

I love where I live.

I deep clean when I'm really angry.  Or frustrated beyond words.  So the fact that my house is often a mess is actually a good sign.

I have too much stuff.

Pregnancy makes me grow everywhere.

My butt grows exponentially at the end of pregnancy.

Nothing makes my heart happy the way my youngest kids reacting to me coming home does.

Fake eyelashes are fun.

I don't love plain M&Ms right now as much as I used to.

But M&Ms plus Stax equal Yummy!!

I like shoes.

My right foot is bigger than my left.

When I am talking to someone who thinks they know a lot about some things in life, I am reminded of myself years ago.  And I realize that I used to think I knew about a lot of things.  Until I experienced more of life.  And then I realized that the more you learn, the more you realize how little you do in fact know.

I am surrounded by amazing friends.

I love three year olds

It takes a lot of hard work to achieve goals.  Patience too.  Lots and lots of patience.

Count your blessings and be grateful for your own trials in life.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

I too am married to my best friend...and I hope to have a miracle happen again soon ;)

Laurie said...

Those are great reminders. I think this is the first time that I have actually loved being pregnant, however sometimes I go from being amazed and awed at the baby moving inside of me to being slightly creeped out.

I too love where I live and have way too much stuff.

I've also decided I love the rain almost as much as I love the sun.

XLMIC said...

What an amazing set of things to be reminded of :) Three year olds....never a dull moment and so much zest for living! I just found where mine's been stashing every single kitty (stuffed, plastic, puppet, you name it) in the house and it totally melted my heart to the point of tears :)

Enjoy these last few weeks with your baby girl tucked away, sharing all her sweet movements with you!

Kelsey said...

I saw your butt today and it was NOT big. I also love 3 yrs olds, especially yours. I loved hanging out with her today. You should've seen L's face when I joined the dance party...classic! Can't wait to bust out my moves at your kid's weddings.
Cannot wait for baby girl. Any outfits you've seen that you HAVE to HAVE?

Ashley said...

I have been catching up on your last few posts...MAN I miss you and your always cheerfulness personality! :)
I also miss that great place that you live in and THAT HILL...I SO miss that Zig Zag...some good times were had on that trail!
Run it for me next time, would ya?!?!