Thursday, November 10, 2011

Well hi!

Maybe I should change the name of my blog to Random Thoughts from the Absentee Blogger.

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  So tired I feel like the life has been sucked out of me.
I was extremely grateful for a beautiful sunrise today that made it a little easier to get up.

Same old story, so much going on, so little time to stay connected in the bloggy world.  I miss perusing my favorite blogs every day.  I finally had to just mark all of my google reader as "read" both last week and the week before when it was over 300 each time.  As much as I would love to catch up on that, it just ain't happening!

After the luxury of having him home for the summer, Aaron is back in school.  This quarter started a month ago and man, it's a big one.  Though he only has two classes this quarter they are heavy hitters.  Class Monday and Tuesday, studying and homework Wednesday and Thursday.  Right now he has a mental health clinical at a youth facility every Thursday and regular hospital clinicals on Saturday.  Yep, that leaves a couple of hours on Friday night after work (if he's caught up on homework and studying) and then Sunday evening.  The rest of the time I'm pulling the single parent duty.  It's hard.
I have no idea how single parents survive.
I mean, I know you do what you have to do, but wow.
The only thing keeping me going through this is knowing that this quarter ends in December.  That will be the best Christmas present this year-a week or two off school!  Graduation comes in June.  Right now I'm choosing to ignore the fact that after that the plan is to immediately jump back in to an NP program. I'll tackle the thought of two more years when I need to.

I don't know how Aaron's doing it either.  Sure I'm running the house and doing all the kids, but between his normal full time job and school and clinicals, he's not only burning the candle at both ends, it's on fire in the middle too.

We're definitely in survival mode here!

I still have all the October birthdays to share.
I did another spot with Hapari for a morning show (that involved being outside at 7am and less than 30 degrees.  awesome.), and head to Florida for the big shoot in less than four weeks!
I never even blogged the rest of our California trip!
But hey, my five year blogiversary is coming up in a little over a month.  So we'll have to go back to the good old days and cook up some fun giveaway for that.
Fun projects going on...one being that I finally tackled our worst hot spot-the office.  If I feel like I need to punish myself with total humiliation, I may post a before picture.  It's not completely finished yet but I'll for sure post the getting closer to finished pictures.....looks like a totally new room.  And it doesn't stress me out to walk in here anymore.  yay!

But for now I have to be responsible.  And do another load of laundry.  Because one of my bedwetters wet the bed again.  Even though he is supposed to wear a pull up to bed.  Today I found out he chose to go commando last night instead.  Nice.

But hey, tomorrow is Friday!
Photobucket

4 comments:

XLMIC said...

Hang in there, sweet Catey! I seriously don't know how you keep all those plates spinning …you're are pretty darn incredible :)

Becky Jones said...

You are amazing! Remember that you'll never be given more than you can handle so you must be quite the super woman!!!!

~LL~ said...

It is hard being *single*.... especially when you are not. :-) I KWYM.

I have been an absent blogger, too. I try to get on at least once a week, but during this time of year.... yikes!

Conservamom said...

You are super mom! You are blessed and you will look back in a year to realize how strong and awesome you all are! Good luck!! :)