Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's a girl who needs Sassypants to do?

When you join a relay team by the name of Sassypants you need something fun for your bottom half.
So what do you do when you can't find what you want?  Even after scouring not only the most likely places to find what you are looking for, but the deep dark recesses of pages 20+ of googling it?

You take matters into your own hands.
Volleyball shorts in the desired patten (those buried google pages did help with something) paired with a running skirt that I didn't love, a few hours picking seams apart, recutting fabric and then adjusting for the perfect fit turns this:



Into this:

Voila!  The running skirt I wanted that no one makes.
Nice that I didn't scoot over 6 inches to either miss the outlet and phone jack or at least stand in front of them.

Complete with pockets


built in compression shorts


and a fold-over waistband so I can wear it as high or as low as feels comfy.

And what funky skirt would be complete without a matching headband?

(and possibly funky nails if I get to it before I leave)

Red Rock.  2  days away.  Ready to rock my Sassypants!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Rheanna said...

Very creative, love it! I didn't realize Red Rock was this weekend-good luck! You'll have a blast I'm sure@

Teamarcia said...

That is pure magic and very sassy. Go you!

Laurie said...

You are amazing! Hope you have the sassiest of times!

XLMIC said...

Yeah, so I'm ready for you to send me a copy of your ab workout. I need it.

That running skirt is very cute. And I like the outlet in the background... gives it that homey touch ;-)

I am always amazed by your talents and abilities.

Heidi said...

that's awesome....you need to start making those and selling them on the end of the trail where all the runners go past! ;) I'd buy a pair. Where did you get the cute headband?

Shilo said...

Seriously love them.
You are seriously amazing with your sewing machine!!!