Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Proven ways to remove Sharpie


Just in case you were wondering.

1-Pink Eraser. Really. Thank goodness.

2-Germ-X/Purel; Be warned, this may also remove paint, so this works best on, oh, say, the fridge, linoleum floor, etc. Although it also works pretty on fake wood furniture (think Sauder).

3-Dry Erase Marker; I know, who'd have thought? Again with the whole paint/furniture finish thing, so best for other hard surfaces. Color the dry erase marker right on top of the sharpie and wipe it off. Default to Germ-X/Purel if it's stubborn.

If all else fails, try a combination of all three. Good Luck.

Unless it's fabric, then you're just out of luck.

Or the bathroom door, in which case I'm gonna have to just suck it up and paint- since this is how we learned that Germ-X also removes paint. Go figure.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like a GREAT DAY!!!

;)

Kelsey said...

are you serious...Hallie just got pink sharpie all over my fave new shirt of hers that she wore for about 20 mins. I'm so excited!

Kelsey said...

oh boo..........I just finished reading all of your post :( Guess I'm off to Old Nav to pick up a new one.
DAMN YOU SHARPIES!

Big Daddy said...

Those are great ideas. However what I want to know is how do you get those purple marks off Aaron's chest and back. Yes, I do believe him.

Cindi said...

I once removed black Sharpie ink from carpet with "Spray and Wash".