Friday, September 19, 2008

Not so good news

I had wondered when Aaron was going to mention any of it and didn't want to step on his toes, so I hadn't said anything here yet.

Unfortunately this week brought some tough news for Aaron's family. His Dad who was hoping to wrap up a nasty divorce at the court date this week was pretty much just stomped on, so it will now be dragging out into a trial to end Dec 24. Merry Christmas. Poor guy.

On top of that we found out that the reason Aaron's brother hasn't been feeling well lately is that he has cancer. The original diagnosis was Thyroid, and with further testing it has been confirmed to be Thyroid that has also spread into his chest and lymph nodes. Of course everyone is trying to be optimistic and hope for the best. He goes into surgery one week from today, we'll see how it goes after that I guess.

You can read Aaron's take on things here.

So for the family members that happen to read this, there will be a family fast for both of them on Sunday. Anyone else who would be willing to join in the fast, or to add them to your prayers would be greatly appreciated!

9 comments:

~LL~ said...

Oh no.....I'm so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

Kelsey said...

Laura is a *****! She's in big trouble upstairs.
Sorry about Daniel, that blows!
Sending out good thoughts.

Hawkeye said...

Aaron, stay POSITIVE and VISIT YOUR BROTHER! You can help him. You never know here...it could still end up ok. My last Boss' wife had advanced lymph node cancer and she is currently alive without cancer!

That being said...I am very sorry that this is happening in your life...I'm glad I have your Wife's blog address to know that this is happening. You're awesome in my book. If you need ANYTHING...let me know. And I already talked to Richard...it is normal to take work off during these times.

Catey...I think the foot massage goal needs to be switched tonight....you're welcome Aaron.

Unknown said...

Prayers for Aaron's Dad and Brother.

Unknown said...

Now that I have a new job and wont' carpool with him anymore, I"m going to miss the opportunities to interact with him multiple times each day. So please keep me posted on how things are and on what I can do to help.

zoinatt said...

Oh my I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to your family.

Kelsey said...

POST PICS OF CHARLOTTE!!!!

Kelsey said...

Wow...those pics must be huge!

Kelsey said...

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!