Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Quaker Countdown




Everyone knows how pregnant women are with their food. To sum it up around here, Aaron usually tells guests to keep their arms and legs away from my mouth and they should be able to go home unscathed.

I have always loved the Quaker 100% Natural granola, yes, even despite the fat content. But it's one of those things that is an occasional splurge, since it usually costs about $5 a box. I'm a cheapskate, you all know that. Like I'm going to pay $5 for a box of cereal! Unless it's Lucky Charms for an anniversary, but that's a different story. ; ) So when I found my beloved yellow Quaker boxes on sale for half price back in April, I splurged. Yes, $2.50 for a box of cereal is a splurge! I bought 12 of them. And then promptly hid them down in the deep recesses of the storage room where the kids couldn't find them. The point: My plan was to eat no more than a box a week and use them as my countdown to baby. I know, I'm retarded. Sorry. But hey, you people are the ones who want to read about my life! ha! Anyway, at the time I had a little less than 15 wks left of pregnancy. I bought 12 boxes, with the hopes that I could plan on 2 wks early again. And I figured that if I hit 39 wks pregnant and need a $5 box of cereal, so be it. Really-who's going to deny a 9 months pregnant woman her food of choice, especially when it's 100 degrees outside? Not anyone who doesn't have a death wish.

So as I poured the last bowl from my current box this morning and went to replace it with the next box, I realized that I have 9 boxes left, and just NINE weeks left until my official due date. NINE weeks! Which means it would not be ridiculously unheard of for us to have another little child quietly sleeping in the next room in seven weeks! Holy Cow! That seems soon! Time flies when you're having a baby....

Although the timing is getting trickier...now Aaron has weddings on both the 18th and 19th of July. I'm hoping at this point that the rest of our friends and family do not plan any other events for which they would like my husband to be the photographer in the last half of July. So let's hope this kid picks a cool due date that does not clash with weddings. Although the 11th is a little early, I still think 7-11 would be a cool birthday.

Sharing the belly obsession at 31wks...moving right along....



5 comments:

Cindi said...

Good grief! I don't think my belly is that small at 20 weeks. You look great!

justdawn said...

My belly isn't that small when I'm not pregnant;)

Seriously, you look fantastic, Catey!

Rheanna said...

You look HOT! Seriously, I don't know why you think your butt gets big when you're pregnant...cuz it ain't!

~LL~ said...

LOL...I know what you mean about cereal! I don't get that kind, but I currently have 17 boxes....but I didn't spend over $1.50...i AM cheap ;)

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Definately in the home stretch now! You look great!