Thursday, April 18, 2013

Run On

Watching people run on to fly in the face of what happened on Monday has been awesome.
Hearing the stories of service and sacrifice, especially from those who ran to those in need at the blast site have been completely amazing.

There truly is so much good in this world!

Though I didn't run with a group on Tuesday, I did run.  It's probably cheesy, but it seemed appropriate to stop my Garmin at 2.62...and then run on.
Because as has been proven in huge numbers by runners not just across the nation, but around the world, we will always run on!

And now (though I feel a little guilty for celebrating something in regards to running), I get to share news that allows me to run on in an amazing opportunity.



I made the Nuun Hood to Coast team!

So. Dang. Excited.

Apparently this did the trick!
(I give credit to my nine Nuun kids and my amazing husband!  And I do have to clarify-again-that the bit at the end about convincing Aaron that he can do all of the kids 24/7 was a joke.  He is so great and totally encouraged me to apply!)

I really am so excited and so grateful for this chance!  There were so many amazing women who applied for this, it is a privilege to be among those chosen.  I can't wait to meet all of the other incredible ladies who will be there in August and already have the countdown going until I head to Seattle!  

Have you run Hood to Coast?  Any suggestions on which legs to request?

I am running Ragnar Wasatch Back in June, so that will be a nice dress rehearsal for HTC, figuring out what to pack and all that good stuff.

I am looking forward to stalking all the other team members in every spare minute of the next few days!  


Photobucket

11 comments:

Holly from Leaps of Faith said...

Oh my goodness, there are no words for how excited I am to meet YOU and hear about all nine of your kiddos!!! I'm running Wasatch Back too {as an ultra, with Lisa, Runwiki}, we'll have to make sure to connect!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet you at Hood to Coast 2013!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on making the team! I, too, am excited to meet you and the rest of the team. It should be quite the exciting time!

Anonymous said...

Your Video is one of my favorite that I have seen!! Congrats!! Can't wait to meet you in August!! I can't believe you have 9 kids!! :)

Susan said...

Congrats and welcome to the nuun family! Hood to Coast is amazing and I can't wait for you to experience...and, for the record, you're amazing for running with nine kids! I can't imagine!

@RUNFARGIRL said...

Catey, I loved your video! I think 2 kids is a handful, I have so much to learn! Look forward to meeting you in person.

Canuck Mom said...

I am so excited that I get to meet you. As a Labor and Delivery nurse of many years and a mom of 2, I very much respect you already.:) Congrats!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

CONGRATS!! Try to be in Van #1 and do reasearch on the legs.. My leg #9 was tough in the pitch black and dusty very SCARY!! You will have a blast and your husband has to be amazing!!

Laurie said...

Hooray!! You're going to have such a fun time. Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet you and hear more about your Nuun kids ;)

Kelsey @ Go Girl said...

YAY YOU! So very excited for you and this year's team. You are going to have such a great time! Congrats!!