Monday, August 22, 2011

Middle School

At least I got an extra year, right?
If we lived anywhere else odds are she would have shipped off to middle school last year.  Yay for living where Middle School doesn't start till 7th grade!  It actually kind of freaks me out to say "middle school", most of them are Jr Highs here.

My oldest child went off to Middle School this morning.
My oldest child rode a bus to school for the first time.
My oldest child should be stepping on to that bus to head home any minute now.
I can't wait to hear how the first day was!
 

 I'm not sure if she was tired or nervous or what, but she wasn't smiling for pictures this morning.

Never fear-she was very excited.
Charlotte not so much.
She rolled out of bed right as Malia was getting ready to head out the door.  Determined not to be left behind, she threw on the first thing she could find as quickly as possible (thus the reason it's on backward), grabbed the first shoes she could find and came barreling out the front door crying.

"Me go with you Meela!  Go with you!"
It was cute.
It was sweet.
It was a little sad too.

Charlotte cried as Malia picked up her things to head off to the bus stop.


She cried harder as Malia walked off down the sidewalk.


Then she started screaming and chasing after her.
(loudly enough that our next door neighbor who had a window open came out to see who was dying.  Sorry Alicia!)

Off on her next big adventure in life.


I hope she loves it.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

she looks so cute! Those pix of Charlotte are classic. Tear.

Ashley said...

I have been crying off and on today over Olivia leaving me and now I am crying over Malia leaving you and Charlotte...so sweet how much she loves her big sister!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I am terrified. Thursday is our big day. Yikes!

Rheanna said...

I can't believe she's in middle school!! Time goes by way too fast! So adorable how Charlotte loves her big sister---my little ones were excited that the big kids were gone so they could pick out a cartoon to watch without them being bossed around :o)

~LL~ said...

Aw..... so sweet. Yes, #1 went to "Junior High" as a 7th grader. Moving to a bigger campus (in # of bodies and actual size of bodies) is intimidating.... and he is loving it. Of course, I'm an ol' pro now, as it has been a week ;-)

Shilo said...

That is so sweet. I especially love the picture of Malia hugging Charli!
Last year Nathaniel had the same reaction as Charlotte. He was so upset that everyone was leaving him. This year, he didn't care. LOL!
I hope things will get better for her!

XLMIC said...

I love, love, love this series of pictures. You caught the moments so perfectly, Catey. Poor Charlotte.