Sunday, May 23, 2010

The return of Sweet Tooth Sunday-Lime Tart!

I have long strayed from one of my favorite little bloggy things.

I have missed it.

And now, return of morning sickness be darned! I need a little more Sweet Tooth Sunday in my life!

And as I was whipping up entirely too many brownies today (caramel brownies and these, despite the fact that I can only eat about half a brownie before my body objects) I realized that I still had people waiting on a few recipes.

Number one most requested recipe in the last month?

Lime Tart!

Mmmmm....lime tart......

Maybe I'll make me another one tonight.....

These are the days when it's a good thing I have such a big family. Otherwise all of my dessert creations would waste away before I could eat them since I can only put down a few bites. (dangit!!!) Also, you'd think that would help tame the spread of the butt and hips. Nope and nope. In a big way over the past two weeks.

But I digress.

Back to the tart.

I posted the lemon tart last year when I was functional and on top of things.

Psst! Here's a little secret; the lime tart is the same. Just use lime instead of lemon.

How easy is that?

Super.

But in case you don't feel like linking back, here we go!

You need limes.

Limes are my friend. The smell of limes makes me feel better.

It is wonderful.

You also need flour, powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, sugar and eggs.

I will spare you the step by step and the billion pictures (if you want that, link back), but just a couple of things first....

If you do not have a zester, do yourself a favor and get one.

Love!

Also, tart pans are amazing. I'm sure you could do this in a 9x13 or something, but it just wouldn't be as wonderful.

Also, when you are serving it, be careful not to kill the crust like I did here:

Oy.
Still delicious though.

Crust:
1c flour
1/3c powdered sugar
dash salt
1/2c (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces

Filling:
5 ounces cream cheese
3/4c sugar
2 eggs
1/2c lime juice
1 tsp- 1 Tbsp lime zest (I prefer less, but if you want a super limey taste, go more)

Mix flour, sugar, salt. Add butter and cut together until mixture forms clumps. Press into tart pan. Pierce bottom of crust with fork. Place in freezer to chill for 15min, remove when fully chilled and bake at 425 degrees for 10-15min until light golden brown. Allow to cool on wire rack.
For filling: beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, mix well. Add eggs one at a time. Add fresh lime juice and lime zest, mix until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into pre-baked tart crust. Bake at 350 degrees 25-30min. Allow to cool on wire rack, chill in refrigerator at least one hour.

A little sprinkle of powdered sugar on the top, and you have heaven!

Coming up soon: Lemon Panna Cotta!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

"is there anything in the tart that I don't eat?" busted. You're welcome mom!

~LL~ said...

THAT'S my girl.... get yourself into therapy.... it does a body good. :)

Malinda said...

yummy! I am going to try it...I am off chocolate for a bit to see if helps the baby's tummy, so good timing Catey!!