Monday, May 10, 2010

How does your garden grow?


So as I mentioned, indulging me with all the garden extras was my big Mother's Day gift.

As I spent Saturday afternoon turning up the garden soil (good thing I skipped the long run that morning-big garden=big workout!), bringing some of the kids along for the ride, we got a lot done. Everything was prepped and ready to go. It was time to map things out.

Our tomato plants got so much bigger than we expected last year, I wanted to make sure that this year's tomato plants would be spaced appropriately, but still close enough so as to not waste any space. I thought I'd be really clever and use the extra large tomato cages to help me space them. Before I turned all the soil down there, I flipped the cages over so that I could put the plants in the appropriate places and figure out how much space I needed to plot for tomatoes.

Now I know I do some strange things. I know my sanity is questioned by others, and probably on a daily basis. When I'm pregnant-all bets are off-who knows what I'll do!

But apparently I must be getting worse than I thought. Because my husband walked out to this:

and said, "uh, Catey? You know that they go the other way, right?"
And he was serious.
Boy, if I've gotten so bad that my husband doubts that I even know what way tomato cages go, I'm in trouble!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Aaron said...

In my defense.....you do some strange things sometimes....

Aaron said...

Ribbit....

Kelsey said...

way too fat.....

~LL~ said...

Uh, yeah.... but, as a blonde, I probably would have done the same thing. :)