Thursday, January 28, 2010

The little neighbor girl who made my day

Today wasn't a bad day. A little hectic, but that's pretty much par for the course. If you lived here I think you'd agree.

This afternoon I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for a friend who also happens to live just down the street. It is always so fun to get together with a bunch of cute ladies and eat entirely too much. Also to see all the cute little girly things being doled out to the cute girl having the baby.

(also, baby girls are taking over my neighborhood. Not one person that I know of who is due between now and June is having a boy. And including the two that gave birth in the past two weeks, that is what....7? 8? people....Wow. It's lovely!)

While enjoying myself at the shower, my cell phone rang. It was the kids. (I was just a few houses down the street, figured they'd be fine for an hour) Blah, blah, blah...."be nice to each other, I'll be home soon." 10 minutes later, same drill. Then again and again...5 phone calls. Things were breaking down at home, so I dutifully left the shower and returned home to put it all back together.

I'm responsible like that you know.

Anyway-as I was leaving the shower-and let's be honest, not thrilled at what I was headed to-my neighbor's cute little almost 3yr old girl ran to the door in her princess dress-ups. After I was down the front walk she got the door open and yelled "Goodbye Miss Catey! I'll miss you! I love you! Come back again! I love you! I miss you!"

Seriously adorable.
Maryanne, please tell your cute little Tanner thank you for making my day.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I tell you that all the time. I guess I need to dress up in a costume to make the point?

.....ok then....


(The neighbors might wonder....but then again...it is me.....)

MaryAnne said...

Tanner loves you!!! Actually we all love you and just asked Tanner to be our spokesperson!!!