Monday, August 12, 2013

July

I know, it's August.  And it's already almost halfway over.  Geesh-already?!

But since life is flying by at breakneck pace, and one day I'm going to wonder what we did this summer because I stink at keeping an actual journal, let's revisit July!

I've been oaking up every moment of summer with early mornings-typically so I can get my run in before the minions awake.  Makes for some awesome views like this:

And this:

Emily has just been hanging out, staying cool.
Sam wants to be the next Robin Hood.
And I found this in my cupboard.
Apparently it moved to this house with us 8 years ago.  Huh.
On the 4th we headed up to the Uintah's with my parents and hiked in to Ruth Lake.
It was gorgeous.

We had a blast,
And sat back placing bets on which kid would fall in the lake first.  I think 3 of them "slipped" in.
(note the fabulous garbage bag rain ponchos.  A must when in the Uintahs if you ever visit.)
Then that night we had a little neighborhood gathering.
With fireworks, a dj, and dancing in the street while getting sprayed with a hose.
What?  These things don't happen in your neighborhood?

I prepared to embark on a new fitness challenge by enjoying the perfect cookie.
I took before pictures of the cookie and me.  Not together.  Well, except this one.  I'll share mine with the afters in another 5wks.

We've been soaking up the sun,
Had that one race,
and there was some crazy running in circles as well.
Why?  I have no idea.

Time to get in a little bit of painting.
We got to spend a day at Lagoon
And I get to run with this view every morning!
Seriously.  So blessed to live here!

Charlotte turned 5
Sam put his tomato to good use.
I got to sneak in one more half marathon...
What is that look?  Intent?  Race kissy face?  Who knows.
But hey, who can refuse a free race entry?  Especially when the race is on a Wednesday morning?!
I love having a state holiday.  Even if I did leave home at this hour:
Um, yeah.  That says 2:56am.  Wow.

We had our Pioneer Day dinner at my parents' house
(I ate bison.  I didn't love it.  Thankfully a few of my kids did.)

Aaron and I learned that we must consult each other before getting dressed now, otherwise we end up matching.
Is this the sign you've been married for a long time?  Are we leprechauns?  Am I always eating? (yes)

And Charlotte started packing her backpack for school.
Cute, but also so sad, because it means that summer is drawing to a close.  Just one more week before kids go back to school.  Dang.  I am so not ready for summer to be over!  The one upside to that  is that Hood to Coast with Nuun is only about a week away!
Hope your July was fabulous and that you thoroughly enjoy the last days of summer!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great month!

My kids head back to school in a couple of weeks - can't believe summer's almost over!

XLMIC said...

We still have a few weeks of summer. We also do that matching thing :P LOL

Hope August is treating you well, too :)

J and D said...

I don't often comment, but I have a little Charlotte too, so couldn't resist. She looks so much like a mini-you! Love the packing of the key essentials for school.