Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The baby girl at 10 months

Oh this child.


She keeps us hopping!
Every time I think "the next kid must be easier!", that next kid proves me wrong.  I guess my first clue from her should have been crawling at 5 months.

I know every parent always says it, but I really can't believe how fast the past year has flown.  It blows my mind that she is already ten months old and that in a matter of weeks she will have her first birthday!

Emily is all sorts of wild and crazy.  Her little personality has never been anything but obvious, but it is coming out more and more recently.  This girl is a show off!


She decided to take her first steps before she even hit the nine month mark, making her the earliest of our kids to walk.  She had been cruising for a while, started standing on her own right about 8 months, and then at 8 months and almost 3wks she took those first steps.  Three big ones.

Crazy kid.

She is a climber too, which really...well...at this point it's completely normal that my babies remind me of monkeys.  Now she has started stacking things to climb on.  Really?  Way too early for that.

She has cut 3 of her top 4 teeth over the past couple of weeks, that 4th one is so darn close.  If you numbered them from right to left 1-4, she cut 1 first and looked like she was going to cut 4 for the vampire look.  That darn tooth 4 is stubborn though and 3 beat it out.  So she had an awesome snaggle tooth look going for a few days.  Then tooth 2 popped through, and we have got to be close to the set of 4 being complete any minute.


She is an amazing eater and has a taste for some fabulous foods.  One of her favorite lunches is quinoa with black beans and chicken.  Another favorite is one we had last night; sweet potato chili.  She could not get enough!

Despite the fact that she inhales food she is still a little peanut, weighing in at her 9 months appointment at 15lbs 6oz.  Between all of the nursing and the constant eating you'd think there would be a little more substance to those chunky thighs of hers, but apparently she burns it off as fast as she can pack it down and is all just fluff.

Snuggly, cuddly fluff.

With cheeks that are still threatening to take over the world.


The most kissable squeezable cheeks there ever were.

And since she has also decided to finally become a decent sleeper again (it's been a long 6+ months of up every 2 hours!), everyone is a little happier to see those cheeks when she's up for the day by 6am.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness, she is just too cute. I'm with you, I can't believe how quickly 10 months has gone by!

Piper said...

She has the best little smile :)

Handsfullmom said...

She's adorable!

You asked if I was going to do another marathon this year. I was seriously tempted, but I think I'm going to stick to halfs for now. Something tells me I might be pregnant before I get the chance for a fall marathon.