Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back in Business!

Well hey!  Look at this!

My little blog is functioning again, and it looks like even the comments are working now too.  Yay!

Thanks to the amazing Tenille over at The Cutest Blog on the Block I have a new look and some functionality back.  phew!  It was about time for a change around here.

I was going to spend some time tonight getting the posts done that have been sitting in the wings for the past two weeks; Emily's first birthday, the latest news on all of the fun going on inside Sam's head, I now have two teenagers (yikes!), and I ran a superfantastic and completely amazing redemption race yesterday that most definitely needs to be talked about.  Not to mention the giveaways that should have happened long ago!

Instead I have spent the last hour plus pinching Dallin's forehead together in hopes of avoiding a trip to the hospital for stitches.  Why do these things always have to happen after the urgent care places close? He got into a fight with the corner of the kitchen counter.  Yes, this is the same kid that crashed into the fire hydrant, and almost cut off his nose...and he likes to do what he can to have these things happen at night.

The sad part is that he was helping clean up the kitchen floor when it happened-he bent down to pick something up and stood right up into the counter.

I love turning around after hearing a thud to see blood pouring down the face of one of my children.

The good news, no, the great news is that the forehead is holding together, which means we should be in the clear and justified in my avoidance of dragging him out to the hospital tonight.

Fingers crossed that it holds, and that Dallin-our most super graceful coordinated child-doesn't end up smacking his head on anything else at cub scout day camp tomorrow.

Perhaps I'd better cross my toes too...

2 comments:

Lala said...

love the new blog look!

Delightful Ideas
Bag Giveaway

Tenille Gates said...

HEY! Thanks for the shout-out! You rock! :0) Sounds like you have an accident-prone kiddo too! (mine always finds a way to get hurt! :0) Gotta love crazy boyz!