Monday, September 10, 2012

The Beast

I have a new running buddy.
It has been dubbed "The Beast".

Behold.....


It's huge!
Look, it scares my dogs.

They were trying to hide between my feet from the minute I got it out of the box and started putting it together.

Ok, really not THAT much bigger than my amazing double, but hello, an extra kid!  This beauty allows me to go running during the day again.  Hallelujah!

I did have to say goodbye to my double, it's beautiful 20inch wheels that rode as smooth as silk....it will be missed.

But I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth this sucker is, and that it navigates quite well for all it's enormity.
It arrived late Thursday night (who knew FedEx was still delivering at 7:30?), and first thing Friday morning we took it out for a spin.


5 miles with three kids.  Awesome.

My new view:

Awesome.

Emily's first run.
Well, her first run while not housed inside my body.
She slept peacefully through the whole thing, completely snug.  Perfect.  Just like old times.


This morning we took it out for round two, a little over 6 miles.  Sam has perfected his chant of "ready, set, go!" followed a few minutes later by "go, go, go! Go fast!".  Nothing like a built in cheering crew.


The official verdict is two thumbs up.

Loving the new routine of walking the kids to school and immediately heading out to run.  Taking full advantage of every morning of good weather before we have to face winter and our little excursions come to an end for a while.

 Photobucket

9 comments:

Catie said...

I have to say.... I'm a little jealous!

Kajsa and Fam said...

I love it! I am up grading to a double jogging stroller this next summer after #2 comes in December and was already getting a little bit nervous about what I would do when #3 comes (I just love running too much to give it up). So I am glad to see that even though they are HUGE they still make it so that you can get that run in. :) Enjoy the last few months of fall/summer

Kajsa and Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beast not doubt! That is one awesome stroller though

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

AWESOME as always.. Well done my friend..

Kelsey said...

so darling! Love those goos!

Anonymous said...

We have a big family too and I also know the BAMR duo!! 7 adopted, 6 biological.... Big families are so fun! tuffmotherondarun.com

Laurie said...

I think it's fair to admit that I'm extremely jealous. :D Good for you... your my running mom hero!

Laurie said...

I cannot believe I said "your"... biggest spelling pet peeve ever. I meant "you're" as in you are!!!