Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent Week Two-ish

Dec 9th: Open a Family Gift (legos)
              Read The Legend of the Candy Cane

Dec 10th: Make gingerbread houses
                 Read Santaclaustrophobia

Dec 11th: Make treats
                 Read My Penguin Osbert

Dec 12th: Draw names for sibling gift exchange
                 Read Texas Night Before Christmas

Dec 13th: Make Neighbor Gifts (um, dear neighbors, this was a crazy week and it never happened.                                      
                 We still love you I promise!)
                 Read Silent Night Holy Night*

Dec 14th: Snowball Fight!
                 Read The Christmas Candle

Dec 15th: Shopping for sibling gifts
                 Read I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day*
                 -a couple of years back when I linked this book I also linked to a video of this story
                  being told at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Performance.  You can see
                  that HERE.  If you haven't seen it, you should watch it!

Dec 16th: Open Family Gift (Disney storybooks)
                 Read A Christmas Dress for Ellen*

Dec 17th: Special Family Outing (Ryan Shupe and The Rubberband Christmas concert-such a blast!)
                 Read Mr Finnegan's Giving Chest

*Again, these are the ones that always make me cry
I have linked each book so you can see what it is as some of these books have titles that are the same as other books.  I linked to amazon out of convenience.  Some of them are listed there at ridiculous prices, so if you are interested in tracking them down, obviously look around!  The Legend of the Candy Cane I linked to a different site because the one listed on amazon is the "newly illustrated" version.  The story is the same but I really don't like how cartoony it is now, especially since the illustration in the version we have is one of my favorite things about it.  
Photobucket

0 comments: