Friday, January 5, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Well, I did it. I actually severed my security blanket. When your 8 year old child is brave enough to do something, it sets quite the precedent! So I finally (I say finally-she cut hers on Dec 23rd) went through with it. I bit the bullet and chopped nearly a foot and a half from my head! It's not the first time I've done it, but I found it harder to do this time-I guess I am getting old and finding comfort in the same-old, same-old. I suppose that is when it is best to be willing to consider a change anyway, no?

So, a new year, a new hair cut, and with any luck in the next couple of weeks I'll add a new pants size to that list too! I've found enough will power to get a decent start, down a pound and a half so far this week! That leaves me 7 pounds left to get to my pre-pregnancy self, and with any luck (or with enough effort I suppose) another five to get to my pie-in-the-sky goal. Ironic that my "new me" will be the result of trying to get back to the old me.....

0 comments: